AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a single slot pny 9800GT installed. I have my eyes on the card in the subject line. Problem is though. Not sure if I can fit this beast around the mobo. Here are some pictures. What do you guys think? Even with measuring. It is hard for me to say.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I think it will fit just fine, but I don't know all the exact measurements of the board's parts. The chipset heatsink looks low enough for a two-slot card to hover over.

The thing you circled red is just the lever to further lock the card into place. Is there some other aspect you are concerned about?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Everything looks pretty standard to me. Are you worried about the ram placement? You may need to lock your ram in first if the card is that long, but the bulk of video cards always goes below the PCB board. As long as a straight line from the PCI-E slot to the ram clears you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was also kinda worried about the capacitors having enough clearance. It is hard to tell if they stick above the pci express slots. I don't think so though? It probably just looks deceiving. I literally studied it for 10 minutes taking a guess looking into my case. And with out breaking the whole system down. I cant tell 100%. My other minor concern was the power connector. I should have enough room for it? Maybe I am just being to paranoid about fitment.
The 6850 just looks so much bigger in videos/pictures compared to my single slot PNY 9800GT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts