AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm limited to what's at Best Buy, which would be the best sounding & also best bang for the buck.

JBL PB10($279) or Wharfedale PowerCube 10($229) or Sony WM40($149).

·
Registered
224 Posts
If I HAD to buy at Best Lie I would definitely go the sony route. Bang for the buck is this sub's game.

Question. Why are you limited to best buy??

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If I were you, I would use the credit for a bunch of DVD's/CD's, and save some $$$ to buy one of those that truly qualify as a subwoofer rather than just another woofer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by torcida9
Since I'm limited to what's at Best Buy, which would be the best sounding & also best bang for the buck.

JBL PB10($279) or Wharfedale PowerCube 10($229) or Sony WM40($149).
What about cash ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
What about two wm-40's :)

·
Banned
172 Posts
Best buy carries the Yamaha yst-sw305 sub. This is the one I have, and I love it. Though it may not go as low as some of the more famed subs, it gets its jobs done with my 2 bookshelf speakers in my modest 2 channel set up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lantern,

you should have just stuck with your original suggestion of the Sony which was greatly appreciated, instead of saying you were thinking the same thing as sushi.

Quote:
Originally posted by sushi
If I were you, I would use the credit for a bunch of DVD's/CD's, and save some $$$ to buy one of those that truly qualify as a subwoofer rather than just another woofer.
I hate when someone suggests something that you never asked an opinion on. This setup is for a medium sized family room mostly dedicated to movies(70%) and music(30%). My dedicated home theater in the basement already houses the following RS 550 Front, RSC 200 Center, RSS 300 Rear and SVS.

I am on a really tight budget for the family room setup and would like to use about $650 of Worst Buy store credit I got stuck with several months ago. I am not to familiar with the brands Best Buy sells as far as speakers except for JBL. My options for speakers are either n24's all the way around with the N-center, or Diamond 8.1 front's, WH-2 surrounds & Diamond Center. Then pair either setup with one of the subs previously mentioned.

Thanks Fourseasons on the suggestion of the Yamaha yst-sw305 sub I forgot to mention that one in my original post.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Chill people, Sushi merely made a suggestion with regard to the CD/DVD purchase, as Bestbuy truly does not carry the best subwoofers.

What's up with all this hostility lately?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by torcida9
Lantern,

you should have just stuck with your original suggestion of the Sony which was greatly appreciated, instead of saying you were thinking the same thing as sushi.

I hate when someone suggests something that you never asked an opinion on. This setup is for a medium sized family room mostly dedicated to movies(70%) and music(30%). My dedicated home theater in the basement already houses the following RS 550 Front, RSC 200 Center, RSS 300 Rear and SVS.

I am on a really tight budget for the family room setup and would like to use about $650 of Worst Buy store credit I got stuck with several months ago. I am not to familiar with the brands Best Buy sells as far as speakers except for JBL. My options for speakers are either n24's all the way around with the N-center, or Diamond 8.1 front's, WH-2 surrounds & Diamond Center. Then pair either setup with one of the subs previously mentioned.

Thanks Fourseasons on the suggestion of the Yamaha yst-sw305 sub I forgot to mention that one in my original post.

This bit of information would have been very helpful to those who want to to help YOU.

I still stick by my Sony recommendation and since you have $650 worth of credit I will suggest TWO of them. There should be no way that any sub in the store could match this $300 setup.

I would like to apologise for my comments. I let my personal disdain for my local Best Lie get in the way of helping a fellow member of this board. I was in a comical mood and actually thought of deleting it after reading it. Thought it sounded kind of "High School elitist". Sorry, I will remove it:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.