AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject suggests, I am after an oldish scaler that does a good job with 480P and I will be happy.

Does anyone have one lying around that they would be interested in selling for a fair price (when an Iscan Pro Version 3 with all the bells and whistles goes on EBAY for $600 or so)

So far I have an offering of a NEC 2000-IEC(?) scaler - I have not been able to find anything (good or bad) on this scaler - apart from the fact that it can do tripling... woohoo - I suppose that 75Hz 640X480 could be nice :)

Anyone know what a NEC 2000-IEC scales like? I assume that it would be a damn sight better than the inbuilt scaler (LP550 drives me nuts!)

So - I have a price of $500 for the NEC (ie $250 US) This is the price range I am looking at...

Anyone?

Needs to do PAL as well...

Many thanks any help would be greatfully accepted.

Cheers

Heath Young

·
Registered
806 Posts
Heath,

I'll be putting up my Faroudja LD-100 on eBay tomorrow. I'll probably list it for $200. It was an industrial model which originally sold for $60,000. By the time I bought it, it was down to $20,000 list, (I paid $15,000). My, how technology marches on!

It is a little 'long in the tooth' and likes to remain on all the time, (like most pro equipment), but you can't beat a Faroudja.

I'll post here when it's up.

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.