AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I'd need some kind of recommendation on where to place my rear speakers.

The main room is L shaped. With the front wider then the back.

The Rear Right one will be in the corner, but I'd like your opinions on the Rear Left one. Cables are already ran to the right and left option #2.

Would it be preferred to move the left one to option #1 or it could stay at place #2? There's about a 2ft difference diagonally between the center of the couch and options 1 and 2.

Thank You

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I would mount your speaker in option #2 if wires are already there. IMHO I don't think you would notice any difference in your setup doing this. It is best to obviously have the speakers centered on the listening position, however it appears in your photos you have a open layout and not a truly dedicated space so there are other options and things to consider. Save yourself some headache use the location where the wires are, sit back and enjoy.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE /forum/post/15437410

I would mount your speaker in option #2 if wires are already there. IMHO I don't think you would notice any difference in your setup doing this. It is best to obviously have the speakers centered on the listening position, however it appears in your photos you have a open layout and not a truly dedicated space so there are other options and things to consider. Save yourself some headache use the location where the wires are, sit back and enjoy.

Regards,

RTROSE

I concur. I doubt you will notice the difference, especially once you setup the receiver for the distance. You might have to increase the output to the left rear channel, but the timing should be fine once you setup the receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.