AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but I'm looking for a referral for a good, reliable, professional installer/electrician in the Washington DC metro area to install my plasma, components and speakers. I also need an outlet moved and a cable outlet installed. I know this is a DIY forum...but this is one area where I know I need professional help! All the stores (i.e. Tweeter) want an arm and a leg to install...thanks

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
To save cash find a sub-contractor. Any high-volt work will be more. Try www.lsdinc.com for trustworthy, experienced installers, (look for the "installer's corner"). Also try www.cedia.net and enter the DC area search most of the installers affiliated with CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association) know their stuff and have received lecture and hands-on training specific to todays structured cabling prewiring and custom and difficult retrowiring and they own the advanced specialty tools required for a clean install. There is another source called Installer.com for the site search it on www.crutchfield.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hometheaterguy- man, thanks. That's the reply I was looking for. I had actually already gotten some referrals from Crutchfield. I chose one and then found them on cedia.net as you suggested, so now I feel even more comfortable with them. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
You are welcome Mike. You can also go to the DC BBB and enter their business name for a "Company Report" and it lists if any compliments, or compliants have been filed with the company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.