AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one laying around that they don't need, like maybe from a broken UTV or something? My friend's dog just reduced his to something resembling an alien baby. If so, let me know what you want for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
rca sells remotes on their website; you might want to check there or mail them to ask about buying a replacement...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the RCA RCU800MSL. It's an RCA 8 function learning remote that works out of the box for most of the UTV functions. The others you can teach it. I picked one up on EBay for only 5 dollars. The only thing I can't figure out is why it won't learn the CMD-M PIP move from the keyboard. Other than that it works great. Same layout as the orig RCA remote

·
Registered
248 Posts
Page 53 of the RCA Setup Guide has an order form to order a new remote. They are $32.85. If you need a copy of it, I can scan it into Acrobat and e-mail it to you. Send me a PM if interested.

Karl

·
Registered
174 Posts
To be safe, you should call the number in the guide to order the replacement remote. My user guide (from over a year ago) had the wrong part number (according to the RCA salesperson I spoke with on the phone). I ordered two of them since I can control the UTVs from my bedrooms with IR receivers/emitters. That was about three months ago, and it took several weeks for me to get them since they were back-ordered at the time.

I'd list the part number, but who knows where that paperwork went...

Chas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Be careful when ordering the remote. The 6 digit part number in the setup guide (240968) is incorrect. Cross this off the form or you will end up with the wrong remote control! The key thing is to tell them you need a CRK76WA1 Remote Control.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here's the number:

1-800-338-0376

Part Number:

CRK76WA1

The Guide says to allow 4 weeks for delivery. Bummer.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Or....you could try to score a DishNetwork Dishplayer recording remote on Ebay. It does everything the RCA remote does (and is easier to use IMHO), but does not activate the PIP functions. They're also available from DishNetwork for about $40 or so in less than a week. Just be sure you get the one with the RED record button.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You can also buy a keyboard off EBay. I bought a RCA Ultimatetv keyboard for $17. It also does everything except PIP, plus it is much easier to search with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anybody got a multi-function rmeote they like a lot? I noted the one mentioned above. Anybody use anything else? I want to control my home theater/DVD combo along with TV and UTV. What are people using?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use the Sony RM-VL900 .

It has fewer buttons, though, so you cannot map all the UTV remote commands (i left out the quick jump to "my shows", replay 7 secs, jump 30 secs, and move pip window)

I wanted a remote that was as simple as possible, and I haven't been frustrated with the missing functions yet :), although everyone's opinion on that is different.

There are 3 macro buttons, and I like the feel of the buttons.

I use it to control my TV, VCR, DVD, UTV, and dd/dts receiver.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jlambrig
What are people using?
I have a RS 15-1994 ... see this tread....

Remotes

or search for 1994 in this forum... will get about 10 threads on different remotes for utv.. :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Has anybody got a multi-function rmeote they like a lot? I noted the one mentioned above. Anybody use anything else? I want to control my home theater/DVD combo along with TV and UTV. What are people using?
The Home Theater Master MX-500 is an awesome remote! MX-700 is even better but price is a little too steep if you ask me.

picture here:
http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/photo16.htm

see here for a complete review:
http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/index.html

user reviews here:
http://www.remotecentral.com/ureview/41.htm

forum here:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...aster/list.cgi

I own both thr MX-500 and the MX-1000. MX-500 is cheaper (about $100) but is the better remote IMHO. Check out the transport controls. Perfect for UTV. Has buttons for both REW/FF and REPLAY/SKIP.

-NJJ

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah, I also had trouble getting the CMD-M (and cmd arrows) to be learned, as I recall, it finally worked when I hid the remote while pressing the cmd, then had it learn when I pressed the m. It seems that the first time I pressed the cmd key, that sends a code in as well, and that is what my remote learned, and did not see the m part of it. I have a radio shack 1594

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hehe I guess that means no. He's in a rough financial situation right now since he's just finishing school and so I was hoping to find him something cheap. I guess since nobody has one I'll tell him to get a keyboard on ebay. Can't wait to see his wife's reaction to using a keyboard for a remote.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How old is your friend's UTV? If it is under 90 days old, he could always call and say his remote isn't working properly. ;) I had one of my RCA remotes that would not keep any of the codes for more than a day or so before I had to reset all of the codes for the TV, VCR, etc. I had two days left on the 90 day Warren and they sent me another remote for free. I'll have to see if I kept the original remote. It works fine as long as you don't need to program any other devices. I believe it will control most GE, RCA, and Proscan DVD, TV and VCRs using the default codes.

Sean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Has anybody got a multi-function rmeote they like a lot? ... What are people using?
I use a RS 15-2104 (three of them, actually.) They're not great, except for one feature - the JP1 connector in the battery compartment. If you are technically adept, you can reprogram these things from your Windows PC to do just about ANYTHING. The older 1994's are better and also have the JP1 connector, but there was only one left in a 50 mile radius so I went for the newer model.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Phatmex,

I have an RCA remote that I never use. Where are you located? I could ship it to you for very little cost. E-Mail me if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.