AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if I can trouble some of you out there to do something for me? I would LOVE to see some comparison screen shots SDVD vs BR.

Same movie, same part in movie, up pretty close, and normal viewing distance and everything in between.

OR if there is a thread about this already, just link me, OR if you want to get something new going go ahead with my request please.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks both of you..I have actually seen that thread and I THINK posted in it. Its hard to find things and its also hard to remember where they are at on all the different forums here.

Thanks..

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
BenQ W5000 - 7.5 IRE - HTPC using PowerDVD with NVIDIA Pure Video (hardware acceleration). Both shots are calibrated (not recently) the same for Rec. 709. For DVD It is obvious there is less color in shots, but it's not the best method for a comparison of detail. Those squares are not screen or projector pixels but I thought the difference in gamma that the camera is able to show are maybe more obvious at the original resolution. I usually check Xylon's comparisons if I missed the Blu-ray or want to compare.

Blu-ray

DVD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts