AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am shopping for a HTIB and I am looking for something that I can use to get audio using the HT from an xbox360, directv and my notebook.

My TV is an LG 42LH30FR, with 3 hdmi connections.

I was thinking of hooking up the xbox and directv to the TV, and then the TV to the HTIB, all via hdmi. Will this setup work?

I am not sure how all of this works, but this should work right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
The audio from the sources, xBox, Direct TV etc. should be connected to the HTiB via analog audio, digital audio or HDMI. If the tuner on the TV is used the TV should be connected to the HTiB via audio. The TV does not have an HDMI output and cannot be connected to the HTiB as an input. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, so I could hook up my directv box, xbox and notebook to the switch, the switch to the tv and the tv to the HT?

Then I should be able to get sound from all the sources using only hdmi cables to hook it all up?

Also, anyone has any opinions on auto switchers? I've found http://www.talismoon.com/cgi-bin/mul...AND%20ADAPTERS that would work better for me since its supposedly automatic.

I am trying to use less cables and less remotes for my setup.

Edit: just noticed that my TV doesnt have HDMI output, so I should need a HTiB with 1 htmi input and 1 hdmi output. This way the switch goes into the Ht hdmi input, and the hdmi output goes to the TV, right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chile.

After searching for a while I found this HTiB: LG HT904TA-AM, it has 1 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out.

From what I understand so far, it that I should connect directv, xbox, etc. to the switch input, the from the switch output to the HT904TA-AM input, and the output from it to the input on the tv. That would work as I want it to, correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.