AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased speakers on close out that are silver. I want them to match the room, they have a paintable white but they are all out.

I have access to a beedblast machine and and air compressor that I can hook up to a spray can. These are plastic enclosures.

1 do you think I can do it

2 should I blast them or not

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sure, you can. But, do you want to? Painting the speaker enclosures is no big problem. And since they're plastic, a very easy and safe solution would be the newer paints designed for plastics ie. lawn furniture. Any of the big 3 (HD, Lowes, Menards) carries it, and it works really well. As for painting the grill covers, not a good idea. If they're cloth, painting them will greatly dimenish their acoustic transparancy. If they are metal or plastic, they can be painted BUT you need to pay close attention that you don't plug the holes or THAT will screw up the acoustics.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Since you're calling them screens, I'll assume that they're either metal or plastic and not fabric grilles. They're easy to spray paint...just put on a few light coats and be careful not to put it on too heavy. I'd opt for spray paint for the enclosures, too.

Jason

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
yikes don't blast them, that would F them up good. Use either p600 sandpaper or if it's plastic use a red or grey scuff pad http://www.tcpglobal.com/3m/itemdeta...temno=MMM+7447

either one will do, the grey is a bit less abrasive. I've painted many a speaker and that what I've used and it's always turned out great. (though I use an actual sata paint gun and auto paint but I've used spray cans too)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.