AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I throw the DVD on once in a while, just for some HT rattling. DTS-MA? Oh, man...

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
I thought this paragraph was a joke, and then I googled. Wow:

Quote:
The release is timed to coincide with the May 18 direct-to-DVD release of War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave starring Lorenzo Lamas. It also coincides with the June 25 bow of Knight & Day which also stars Tom Cruise, and the June 30 release of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse with Dakota Fanning.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I hope there is an extra to showcase the tentacle anus!

·
Registered
27,430 Posts
I liked this film. Just pre-ordered!

·
Registered
20,957 Posts
I dunno about this one yet. Tom Cruises' kid really bugged me in this movie. I did enjoy Timothy Robbins getting pummeled. Maybe it's worth picking up just for that.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay /forum/post/18579727

?

+1 rofl

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I hope
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) his son
dies in this one.

·
Registered
14,974 Posts
I'll probably pick this up at some point, but that girl constantly screaming throughout the entire movie gets on my nerves a bit.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz /forum/post/18580081

I hope
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) his son
dies in this one.

And maybe they should kill off
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) his annoying screaming daughter
as well.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen /forum/post/18579735

+1 rofl

The so-called Camelot scene happens the next morning after the river Ferry attack. Ferrier and his kids are walking through a deserted, foggy street in a small town and encounter a group of nearly a dozen roving Tripods. They first hide behind a car but are chased into a storefront building with the Tripods trying to reach in and grab them wrecking several buildings in the process. Obviously they escape, but it is a *major* effects-laden scene lasting about 5 minutes or more and was left out of the movie because it was determined ILM would be cutting it too close to the release deadline to finish the effects for the scene and that sequence was considered "expendable" in relation to other unfinished effects sequences. There are several photos of the scene in the 10/05 Cinefex magazine article on the making of the movie.

T.B.

·
Registered
16,032 Posts
There were too many "well, isn't that convenient" moments in this film for it to be a genuine masterpiece of sci-fi rather than just a good subwoofer demo.

The scenes that Spielberg added himself with Cruise running for his life from the death rays with people disintegrating and blowing around and covering him like the ashen clouds from the ovens at the Auschwitz death camps were chilling.

If there had been more hard hitting dramatic substance to the film like that...

1 - 20 of 314 Posts