AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPEECHLESS I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED SO MUCH CLEAN BASS IN MY LIFE. I must be dreaming somebody pinch me .I know im a little late out of the gate but I finally bought the DVD and watched it with my SVS PB13 ULTRA. If any of you haven't yet dont wait any longer like I did . I just found my go to demo movie for friends. Dam !!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
it's pretty good i guess. i was way more impressed with the Master and Commander blu ray. the Cloverfield blu ray also sounded good to me too.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Which version? I just re-watched the Tom Cruise one and the 1953 version is in the To Be Watched pile. I especially liked the tripod trumpeting.

I have had my PB-13 for two weeks now and have watched the following movies for their LFE:

1. Star Wars IV

2. Star Wars V

3. War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise)

4. Master and Commander (Blu-Ray)

5. Batman 1 (Blu-Ray)

6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu-Ray)

7. Jurassic Park

To Be Watched

A. Starfighter (Blu-Ray)

B. Top Gun (Blu-Ray)

C. Wing Commander

D. The Day the Earth Stood Still (Blu-Ray)

E. Saving Private Ryan

F. Black Hawk Down (Blu-Ray)

G. Star Wars VI

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
All this talk is getting me pumped! I've been on a sort of movie watching hiatus lately, but I just finished watching WOTW again up to the scene after the Pod quake...Awesome, just awesome...Time to get some flicks out for some good LFE.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I don't know where you guys have been. WOTW is still the overwhelming demo disk for subwoofers. I've watched the movie once. I've demoed the pod emergence scene probably 30 times with different folks. It will crack concrete floors.

·
Registered
16,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple /forum/post/17051926

I don't know where you guys have been. WOTW is still the overwhelming demo disk for subwoofers. It will crack concrete floors.

And destroy subwoofers in the process, I've done it

Jason

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:

I don't know where you guys have been. WOTW is still the overwhelming demo disk for subwoofers. I've watched the movie once. I've demoed the pod emergence scene probably 30 times with different folks. It will crack concrete floors.

Ron, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I bought WOTW on DVD gently used from half.com and it was under $4 shipped. I specifically bought it for the extended deep bass scenes. It never disappoints. I too have also only sat thru the whole movie once but have watched machines emerge scene and the next scene where they start shooting their lasers many many times. Especially when demoing for company.

I also bought the movie "Pulse" and found it VERY disappointing. Where's the bass? This was supposed to have a great bass reputation. I cetranially did not but the dvd because I thought the story would be good...

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/17050675

it's pretty good i guess. i was way more impressed with the Master and Commander blu ray. the Cloverfield blu ray also sounded good to me too.

There all good but the best to me was WOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv /forum/post/17050968

All this talk is getting me pumped! I've been on a sort of movie watching hiatus lately, but I just finished watching WOTW again up to the scene after the Pod quake...Awesome, just awesome...Time to get some flicks out for some good LFE.

I Hear ya its like getting a new sub I cant wait to try a few more new movies

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:

I know i've been meaning to get it and was putting it off but im so glad I picked one up, whats funny is I heard and saw part of it on a old sub when a friend brought it over to demo but with my SVS PB 13 its like a totaly different movie when it comes to the LFE

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer /forum/post/17050792

Which version? I just re-watched the Tom Cruise one and the 1953 version is in the To Be Watched pile. I especially liked the tripod trumpeting.

I have had my PB-13 for two weeks now and have watched the following movies for their LFE:

1. Star Wars IV

2. Star Wars V

3. War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise)

4. Master and Commander (Blu-Ray)

5. Batman 1 (Blu-Ray)

6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu-Ray)

To Be Watched

A. Starfighter (Blu-Ray)

B. Top Gun (Blu-Ray)

C. Wing Commander

D. The Day the Earth Stood Still (Blu-Ray)

E. Saving Private Ryan

F. Black Hawk Down (Blu-Ray)

G. Star Wars VI

I have the Tom Cruise one and btw Your going to love Black Hawk Down to !!!

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/17052406

I also bought the movie "Pulse" and found it VERY disappointing. Where's the bass? This was supposed to have a great bass reputation. I cetranially did not but the dvd because I thought the story would be good...

I have the same feelings regarding Pulse. People said it has awesome bass during the lab scene. I was all excited to get to that scene and when I got there I was very disappointed. There was bass but no where near the level I was expecting based on what everyone said.

Attack of the Clones destroys Pulse in the bass department.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain /forum/post/17052457

I have the same feelings regarding Pulse. People said it has awesome bass during the lab scene. I was all excited to get to that scene and when I got there I was very disappointed. There was bass but no where near the level I was expecting based on what everyone said.

Attack of the Clones destroys Pulse in the bass department.

Pulse Lab scene is a different kind of bass. It isn't so much the abundance, but moreso its room flexing, nose bleeding, ear pressurizing basss. I felt like my head was going to pop when I saw Pulse; it was the greatest thing I ever felt!

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bass was pretty tight on WOTW cant even imagine how much better it could be on a BD

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/17052482

Pulse Lab scene is a different kind of bass. It isn't so much the abundance, but moreso its room flexing, nose bleeding, ear pressurizing basss. I felt like my head was going to pop when I saw Pulse; it was the greatest thing I ever felt!

the bass in the lab scene of Pulse is centered at 11 hz (!!!). Most subs won't go anywhere near that low, so if your sub isn't up to it, then you won't even know it's there.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /forum/post/17052514

I bet if this was on blu, the bass would be alot tighter.

"tighter", someone throw that guy out of the room

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.