AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wife picked me up warhawk tonight. I popped it in and it did an update. However the disc just seems to lock up my ps3.

I have powered it off a few times and everything is fine until i put the warhawk disc in and it says "loading" and then nothing but black screen.

Maybe i have bad disc? Or the update didnt apply?

Or server is down.

Just curious if anyone else seen this.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin74 /forum/post/13004513

Well, the wife picked me up warhawk tonight. I popped it in and it did an update. However the disc just seems to lock up my ps3.

I have powered it off a few times and everything is fine until i put the warhawk disc in and it says "loading" and then nothing but black screen.

Maybe i have bad disc? Or the update didnt apply?

Or server is down.

Just curious if anyone else seen this.

wierd. other games work? and, do you mean ps3 firmware update or warhawk update?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Weird. I've never heard of this before, and this is the second time today.

Apparently, the fix is to delete and reinstall.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1010 /forum/post/13004546

wierd. other games work? and, do you mean ps3 firmware update or warhawk update?

The warhawk update..

Yeah other games COD4 working fine,,, pop in Warhawk and it just locks up.. even the joystick.

GUess i wont get to see what the Warhawk hype is tonight..

·
Registered
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin74 /forum/post/13005054

well i am in now.. just had to reinstall................. ok off to play

Just remember the golden rule...

Capture Spawns First, Fight Second!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
"Have fun" comes last.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder_fbi /forum/post/13007532

I popped it in for about an hour and just couldnt get into it. Maybe I just dont understand it yet. Took it out and put COD4 back in which I really enjoy.

Maybe this weekend I will have to set down and play some more.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin74 /forum/post/13034911

I popped it in for about an hour and just couldnt get into it. Maybe I just dont understand it yet. Took it out and put COD4 back in which I really enjoy.

Maybe this weekend I will have to set down and play some more.

Mel,

There is a bit of a learning curve that goes with this game (once you get past it though, lots of fun). May I suggest you look up with Warhawk Wed. thread. A group of us get together and play every wed. night. Lots of chatter and you might have better experience with getting the hang of the game (as opposed to playing on the sony servers...communication is hit and miss and they usually assume you know what you are doing)...

·
Registered
403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder_fbi /forum/post/13007532

thats right... my point counts have escalated up into the twenties when it use to be below the tens....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixP3D /forum/post/13035182

thats right... my point counts have escalated up into the twenties when it use to be below the tens....

What exactly are spawns? Are those the things floating over the guys bodies once they die?

I did get on and played the TDM last night and i did kind of enjoy it. First time i was just play DM.

It was pretty funny when i was driving a jeep and this guy got on started riding with me.

So i guess the point is whoever gets the most points wins? Basically each team has its own sides and you just go kill people?

I like the many different weapons, planes, tanks you can use. Kinda fun.

I dont have a headset yet,, maybe I willl pick one up. Kinda feel silly talking on them.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Spawns are the locations that you regenerate after you have been killed. You can choose to spawn at any of the flags that you team has possession of (the map pops up right after you die, use the d-buttoon to select where you want to spawn). To gain possession of the spawn you have to stand close to it for about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgonzomd /forum/post/13052311

Spawns are the locations that you regenerate after you have been killed. You can choose to spawn at any of the flags that you team has possession of (the map pops up right after you die, use the d-buttoon to select where you want to spawn). To gain possession of the spawn you have to stand close to it for about 10 seconds.

So do i do that after I die,, or after someone else regenerates?

Is the point that if you capture all the spawn sites then the other team cant use them?

Confused...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep, if your team has more spawn sites, your team has more places to regererate. Thus, more options (pick a spawn that has a plane or a tank). You select the spawn after you die. A map will pop up and use the d button to select which spot you want to spawn, then press the x button.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin74 /forum/post/13053182

So do i do that after I die,, or after someone else regenerates?

Is the point that if you capture all the spawn sites then the other team cant use them?

Confused...

Melvin,

we say spawn, you say regenerate...same thing. At the beginning of any game, if you look at the map, you'll see that all the diff. "zones" are neutral (you can not spawn from them). If you fly (or drive) to one of these zones and stand by your flag, you'll see a little bar at the bottom of your screen moving until the flag becomes your color. At this point, if you die, you can spawn from this location (since your guys captured it as well as any one that your other teammates may have captured). If you go to a zone that has been captured by the other team and stand by that flag (it will be their color), you'll see the bar go from their color, to neutral, to your color...now you have captured this "zone" as well. The challenge throughout the game is ensuring you have the majority of the spawn points. If you are on a team that is not capturing them, you will quickly realize that you can only spawn from your base...which leaves you with one or two warhawks and maybe a tank while the opposing team has an endless supply of warhwaks, tanks, jeeps (because they can spawn at any one of the captured points...).

Does this help?

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion47 /forum/post/13053279

correct me if i'm wrong. You don't get spawn points in TDM.

Wrong
...you do get spawns in TDM...you do not get them in DM though...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekborg /forum/post/13053305

Melvin,

we say spawn, you say regenerate...same thing. At the beginning of any game, if you look at the map, you'll see that all the diff. "zones" are neutral (you can not spawn from them). If you fly (or drive) to one of these zones and stand by your flag, you'll see a little bar at the bottom of your screen moving until the flag becomes your color. At this point, if you die, you can spawn from this location (since your guys captured it as well as any one that your other teammates may have captured). If you go to a zone that has been captured by the other team and stand by that flag (it will be their color), you'll see the bar go from their color, to neutral, to your color...now you have captured this "zone" as well. The challenge throughout the game is ensuring you have the majority of the spawn points. If you are on a team that is not capturing them, you will quickly realize that you can only spawn from your base...which leaves you with one or two warhawks and maybe a tank while the opposing team has an endless supply of warhwaks, tanks, jeeps (because they can spawn at any one of the captured points...).

Does this help?

Yeah that makes sense! I understand now.

So i guess it would be good strategy to have someone protect these spawn points?

Are most games based on maximum points or a time limit?

·
Banned
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekborg /forum/post/13053413

Wrong
...you do get spawns in TDM...you do not get them in DM though...

Dependfs on the map, you can't capture spawn points but larger DM matches offer multiple places to respawn

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The big thing to remember is there there are a number of different modes and the objective is different in each one. The modes are: Death Match, Team Death Match (and Dogfight, which is Team Death Match in the air only), Capture the Flag, and Zones. Know which game you are playing and how it works or you will have no chance.

Also, there are specific options in use on each server, which shows up in the details of the server in the server list. It's a good idea to look at these so you know what options are in use. The blue colored servers are the official ones which are pretty consistent with the options that are set. The white colored servers are user servers which can be set to any bizarre set of rules a person wants, so you have to be more careful on these.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts