1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
630 Posts
This rumor was debunked by none other than David Jaffe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jaffe /forum/post/0

I can't speak to the WarHawk situation as it's not my place. But I can tell you that what you guys are saying about the title is not correct.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
That would lead me to believe that it's no longer coming out in any form or fashion.

'Can't speak to the Warhawk situation?' There's obviously something going on and for them not to confirm a title that has already been announced is telling. Guess we'll never see it, or it will be worked into another title.

·
Registered
417 Posts
this is sad if it rings true. One of a small percentage of ps3 exclusives that was hyped and highly-touted as a game that would show what the ps3 was made of.

well, at least I have a fine bluray player

·
Registered
856 Posts
I hope this is not true. I was actually looking forward to this game and I'm not even that big of a gamer.

That article is very hard to believe. I can see Sony having some problems but to cancel the whole project...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome /forum/post/0

I hope this is not true. I was actually looking forward to this game and I'm not even that big of a gamer.

That article is very hard to believe. I can see Sony having some problems but to cancel the whole project...

Joystiq made it up. They reference an article as their source and NOWHERE in that article does it mention, hint or imply that it's Warhawk.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Meh. Warhawk 1 was a very mediocre game. I'm sure there will be far better titles coming from a much better pedigree than Warhawk series to show off the power of the PS3.

But it is distressing if a ballooning budget is to blame. How many of each PS3 exclusive needs to sell for each of these developers to make their money back? Namco stated that you'd need to sell approx 500,000 copies to START to make money this generation. If PS3's don't get into homes, it's going to be nearly impossible for exclusive companies to make their money back. Couple that with the obvious difficulty in developing for this system, and it's not good.

(Motorstorm can't even run split screen multiplayer...it won't be available)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Joystiq !!! does any of you read it! really, do you believe this rumor! how many times sites such as Joystiq said things that turn to be nothing but lies.

anyway, Warhawk is a live and will be relased on summer 2007. you may want to check out this site : http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=1

Quote:
Q: When will Warhawk be released?

A: Warhawk will be released in Summer 2007.

also, you may want to check their site: http://www.us.playstation.com/Conten...US-98117/Site/

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't know if this is true, but I wouldn't shed any tears. I downloaded the demo from the PS store and the game looked horrible.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
dboss, to be clear it was a trailer not a demo. I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I am holding off judgement.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I remember seeing Warhawk during the big annoucement demo at CES..or...the videogame conference..E3..whatever. I remember watching it and saying to myself that the 3D control looked neet, but the game itself looked like a big tech demo. Like a 3D shooter in the GALAGA frame of mind.

Now with a PS3 I downloaded the trailer and again said to myself "The picture is not getting better". If its like Crimson Skies 2.0, or a cool combat sim type of game with 3rd person on foot combat as well as being able to jump into and out of various "warhawk" flying vehicles, then cool.

If its just a brain-dead 3D shooter where you fight off wave afer wave of enemies...like, say, Blazing Angels? Then may it die a slow, horrible death.

My PS3 remains a BD player that can also play games......but I expect my 360 to PS3 game ratio to be something like 6 or 7 to 1.....PS3..show me the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts