AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warhawk Wednesday!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey all,


There is a group of us that have been getting together and playing on Wednesday nights between 9pm and 1am eastern time. Lets get this thing organized and well promoted and it will improve our gaming experience immensely. From what I have found, teamwork and communication is what warhawk is all about, and with mics this all equals more winning and therefore more fun!


What we have been doing is finding a ranked server and people have been searching for buddies in game and locating the server that way, but if we get more people interested it would make sense to get a dedicated server. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to get a dedicated server? I know you can run of your ps3, but can you use a pc as a server? Maybe TWW clan guys can chime in on their setup?


Any other suggestions are welcome.


Regards,


metafourik
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,536 Posts
Count me in. But your post has the wrong signature...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
I like turtles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
I'm in. But I can't make it on Wednesday. Would you guys be able to do it on Tuesday?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,649 Posts
I also vote that this is held on another day. Can we set up a poll for it in this thread? I dunno why, but Warhawk Monday just has a special ring to it, no?


Brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
it's been a long time since I've played Warhawk, but I might be willing to play with some fellow AVSers.


I used to play with another clan, but all they play now is BFBC2, which I don't plan on getting for a while. Plus, I'm not sure how much I really like those guys anyway.


Is there an AVS clan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
We should set up a clan. I have heard about clan battles. That would be pretty sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgonzomd /forum/post/18298923


I'm in. But I can't make it on Wednesday. Would you guys be able to do it on Tuesday?

Personally, I'll only participate in scheduled game nights if they have a catchy, alliterative title.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
Let's do a pole to see what day works best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/18299043


Is there an AVS clan?

I personally think we should set up region-based clans. We could have like a AVSw clan for West Coast guys, and AVSe clan for East Coast guys. That way guys from the same region can play with each other :shesaid: and you wouldn't run into issues where some guys get on late at night to join and everybody is done playing already.


Brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like a good idea.


i'll head up the central clan since i'm usually on a little later even though i'm in ohio.


we'll call that one AVSc


any volunteers to head up the other clans?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,953 Posts
I've been doing Borderland Wen's with some online friends, so not sure that would work.


Plus BFBC2 is now out, and it's a time hog. If we can get a large group or something like that together, it might be worth it. After all, Riff raft sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by so's your face /forum/post/18299201


sounds like a good idea.


i'll head up the central clan since i'm usually on a little later even though i'm in ohio.


we'll call that one AVSc


any volunteers to head up the other clans?

I'm a Volunteer. The Big Orange blooded kind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/18299239


I've been doing Borderland Wen's with some online friends, so not sure that would work.


Plus BFBC2 is now out, and it's a time hog. If we can get a large group or something like that together, it might be worth it. After all, Riff raft sucks.

But you need the Riff Raft to cross the river in Oregon Trail (another time hog).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/18299156


I personally think we should set up region-based clans. We could have like a AVSw clan for West Coast guys, and AVSe clan for East Coast guys. That way guys from the same region can play with each other :shesaid: and you wouldn't run into issues where some guys get on late at night to join and everybody is done playing already.


Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by so's your face /forum/post/18299201


sounds like a good idea.


i'll head up the central clan since i'm usually on a little later even though i'm in ohio.


we'll call that one AVSc


any volunteers to head up the other clans?

is there enough interest to break it up into regional clans though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Let's clear this up once and for all: is it called riffraff or riff raft?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
I'll be in the East Coast clan. AVSe. Expect to be pawned....
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Top