AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this online plany only or is there single person mode as well? I have never played this and was thinking of picking it up

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Having read some reviews of it, and seen and tried to play the (very confusing and difficult) Demo, I bought a used copy last night for $15, thinking it might be a fun 1:1 split-screen game to play with my granddaughter, perhaps like HALO (XBox only), which she likes. She was not enthusiastic, as she said the demo was too hard.

So while she was spending the evening talking to her friends, I put in the game and tried to figure it out. It took me awhile, but I eventually learned the extensive menus (it's actually simpler than the booklet makes it look), and then went into Training mode where I practiced and worked through learning how to fight on land, in vehicles, and in the air, as well as how to drive and fly the craft and shoot and use the various weapons. Time-consuming, but worth it.

So I finally coerced her into playing a game against me, and set it in Local mode and picked Death Match whereby each person is trying to kill everyone. And since I had "Trained," I figured the games would be mine to lose, though I did give her a few quick pointers on what the controls did.

She trounced me. She figured out how to run, how to mount the weapons, how to target and shoot me, how to fly, where MY plane was, etc. (I still can't figure out well how to see and focus on and shoot the enemy when I'm flying without a great deal of difficulty and missteering). In 30 minutes she had killed me several times, whereas I got her maybe once or twice.

I think she likes the game!!

(And for only $15 used - GameStop - I think Entertainmart had it for $20 or $25 - it's a bargain, IMO.)

Online was fun, too, playing Capture the Flag and being shot and blown up all the time. I'm sure there is a method to learning all this madness, but it's entertaining.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Can my PlayStation Eye mic and speakers work in lieu of a bluetooth headset for communicating online when playing Warhawk?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am stuck at some low ranking because I am "teh suck" at flying. I have enough points and achievements to skip a few ranks but I can't seem to get the 5 kills in a warhawk. (Well I did once, but for some reason it did not rank up.)

A difficult game to master for sure.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiss /forum/post/17318652

Can my PlayStation Eye mic and speakers work in lieu of a bluetooth headset for communicating online when playing Warhawk?

Though it is possible, it's not recommended. The PS Eye doesn't filter out sound as well as a headset. It will pick up all sounds in the room...your voice, your TV's sound, anything else that might be going on in the room, etc. It's really annoying to play with someone who uses the Eye as their mic IMO.

*edit - I've never played Warhawk, so I'm just speaking in general about the PS Eye being used as a mic while playing online.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I'm closing this thread as it was dragged up from last year.

We have a bad history in this forum with clan members of this game and we will not allow dedicated Warhawk threads at this time.

Kyser

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.