AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great freakin game and a must have if you have a Wii, the best game on the Wii only second to zelda IMO. Go pick it up!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sweet, I've been waiting for it for a long time. I only have one controller, will that be a huge problem?

·
Registered
188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugiot /forum/post/0

Sweet, I've been waiting for it for a long time. I only have one controller, will that be a huge problem?

Nope, this game actually only requires one controller. You have to pass it around for multi-player. So you are all set.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Is it out already? I thought the release date was tomorrow for the U.S. (I know it's been out in Europe for a week or so and since launch in Japan).

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The release date was yesterday actually. A few retailers had it (not in san antonio though).

Ill mirror files response. Just 1 controller will do it all. My wife is having tons of fun with this one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
No... It is 480P, but only 4:3 aspect...

I saw it today in Target, but decided not to make an impulse buy. I'm going to wait till all the reviews are posted and folks here have had a chance to weigh in on it.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKM466 /forum/post/0

Is the game in 480P and 16:9 format? Please?

I think in 2007 that all games should support 480p and 16:9, but Warioware might look fine anyway. Had I not read that Trauma Center was a 4:3 title I never would have noticed because it looked just fine stretched. The graphics in Wario Ware don't seem bleeding edge so it may look fine too.

I'm curious to know if anyone likes this game who disliked the others. I played some of the others in display kiosks and didn't like the at all, but supposedly this one has some pretty clever uses for the wiimote.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Bought it, played it, and beat it in less than 2 hours. I read that it would take about 3 hours, but that wasn't the case for me (closer to half that really). Didn't notice that it wasn't 16:9, it looked fine to me, and normally I hate stretching. How would one know that this isn't a 16:9 game?

I had some problems with the controls. The game tells you to stand while playing, but it has a form called "the elephant" where you put the controller up to your nose. When in this position the controller is above my TV and sensor bar, this caused a few problems and I had to sit down or just hold the remote differently when playing certain games. I found that doing the squat game sometimes it wouldn't register my action of either squatting or getting back up. And lastly it seems like if you perform an action too quickly it doesn't register, but I couldn't seem to go at a proper speed to complete the longer shredding games. The short one was easy but on the longer ones when I tried to go at a fast speed it would just stop moving on screen altogether, and if I do it slower I can't complete the task.

Anyway, it was fun and I will probably get a bit more fun out of it but it really should be a $30 game like the GC version was when released. At $50 it seems like a ripoff, but I'm hoping it will provide a decent amount of multi-player fun in the future. My Warioware experience prior to Smooth Moves was limited to having played the GC game a few times at work, and watching others play it. though I thought it was fun I never bought the GC game because I didn't want to invest in extra controllers, but with the Wii I already have 4 so it seemed like a good game to have around for gatherings.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
^ The placement issue is one I awas always afraid of before even getting the Wii. Nobody was tlaking about it, but I found it very annoying that the system was going to be such that some games would require standing up, some would require sitting down, some would require a lot of room, some would not, etc etc. It is very annoying, but I did buy a 40 inch HDTV just for this system and put it in a position where it isn't so bad. But I think the normal person buying the Wii will have issues with placement.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I also have a 40" HDTV, but distance is an issue for this game (though not with any other Wii games I've played). When standing up I'm probably only about 9' back, but when sitting it's more like 10.5'.

Quote:
some games would require standing up, some would require sitting down, some would require a lot of room, some would not, etc etc.

And some games require a table!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like WW better on the DS. The only problem I have with the game is the game sensing/registering movements. Really, I don't understand what the problem is. Warior Ware is a simplistic game that depends entirely on the wiimote/controls yet the game has some control issues ruining the game for me.

I don't think this game is worth $50, maybe $40, definately $30.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Seems like its a 'fun' game. But seeing how I don't regularly play the Wii with others, I'm not sure if this would be a good purchase for me.

If I had kids, or if I had drinking buddies/girlfriends I'd probably fork over the $50. I imagine this is about as fun as 'drunken twister.' ;-)

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's a great great fun game but it is not 16:9. What the heck? I thought all Nintendo first party games would all be 480p and 16:9. I am really upset that this game is 4:3. No excuse for this, Nintendo!

Note: one sure fire way to see if a game is 16:9 or not is to hit the home button on the wiimote. If the 'reset' and 'wii menu' buttons on screen are giant and stretched then it is not a 16:9 game.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/0

Great freakin game and a must have if you have a Wii, the best game on the Wii only second to zelda IMO. Go pick it up!

Couldn't have said it any better

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekun /forum/post/0

Anyway, it was fun and I will probably get a bit more fun out of it but it really should be a $30 game like the GC version was when released. At $50 it seems like a ripoff...

My sentiments exactly...which is why I'm willing to wait for it to go on sale...which I know it will fairly soon enough. Heck--I read all the positive reviews on Rayman, yet my patience in holding off on buying a copy at list price was rewarded when I discovered that it was on sale this week at CC for $30...way more acceptable than paying $50 for it, that's for sure!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman /forum/post/0

Heck--I read all the positive reviews on Rayman, yet my patience in holding off on buying a copy at list price was rewarded when I discovered that it was on sale this week at CC for $30...way more acceptable than paying $50 for it, that's for sure!

Ouch...
I'm hoping Wario is better than Rayman.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekun /forum/post/0

... limited to having played the GC game a few times at work...

Can I have a job?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts