AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is going to be Germany alone but here are the titles that are coming:

And some examples...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Rereleasing them in the book-style format? Okaaaay...though I admit I'm kind of curious as to what sorts of bells and whistles a Shoot 'Em Up SE would have.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Pretty cool. I'm a fan of WB book style packaging and wouldn't mind picking up about five of those titles. It's too bad that all the text in the book probably won't be in English. If they were i would double dip on those titles for sure.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire /forum/post/18219875

I'm guessing they're probably just the original release discs, and not any newly pressed discs with new masters?

I'd imagine this to be the case, since that is Warner standard operation procedure - recycle and repackage. Of these, however, The Golden Compass is probably the only one that really begs for a do-over since that is a bit of a DNR disaster in my opinion.

Those packages do look pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Blade Runner would also benefit from a more robust video encode with less DNR applied. But considering Warner's track record I expect these are just fancy boxes.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Time to start double dipping BDs? Not me.

They should be focusing on putting out more new titles than rereleasing titles out already. I refuse to reward this kind of thinking.

J

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J /forum/post/19007124

Time to start double dipping BDs? Not me.

They should be focusing on putting out more new titles than rereleasing titles out already. I refuse to reward this kind of thinking.

J

This isn't double-dipping. It's the same disc. It's just a re-packaging. Nothing more.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J /forum/post/19007497

That's almost as bad.

J

How so? Unless you care about special packaging, then let them re-release to their hearts content.

All *I* care about is content. As long as they're not re-releasing with more special features, I don't care what they do.

All this steelbook and special packaging stuff is just silly to me but I'm not one to judge.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/19007556

How so? Unless you care about special packaging, then let them re-release to their hearts content.

All *I* care about is content. As long as they're not re-releasing with more special features, I don't care what they do.

All this steelbook and special packaging stuff is just silly to me but I'm not one to judge.

+1

If it's no inconvenience to you (i.e. no added content or new transfer), complaining about it is downright petty.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If it's repackaged, then I'm skipping but if there is a new transfer, WB might get me again.....damn....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts