AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a cheap generic brand off ebay for $6 shipped. Picture was fine if I plugged audio and video into my TV, but if ran audio to my stereo receiver, I got massive interference. Video kept shaking and cutting out. Then I tried the official Nintendo cables and had no such problem.

I'm sure other unofficial cables would work fine, but my advice is to not go for the absolutely cheapest brand. I don't know how but they seem much more prone to interference between devices.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I already ordered a more expensive set because I didn't know which cheap ones were trustworthy. And I have reservations about whether I should support Monoprice or not after my past experience with them. One set of rca cables had mismatching ends and two other headphone extension cables broke after a month of use.

But it's good that yours worked out. I guess my advice to everybody is to do a little research on the cheap cable before you buy it. I found a few days ago that mine had many reports of EM and RF interference.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I also have Monoprice Wii cables - though mine are the net jacket variety. I have no problems at all w/ them. The Wii connector end was solid, and the cable is of overall high quality.

I buy all my cabling from Monoprice. HDMI, speaker, wii, etc. If they make it, I'll by it.

They're that good.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy /forum/post/19643399

I also have Monoprice Wii cables - though mine are the net jacket variety. I have no problems at all w/ them. The Wii connector end was solid, and the cable is of overall high quality.

I buy all my cabling from Monoprice. HDMI, speaker, wii, etc. If they make it, I'll by it.

They're that good.

Agreed - since first finding Monoprice via AVS, they've been my only source for all A/V cables since. Also got a cheap component switcher/hub from them that works w/ a Harmony remote (HD DVD player & Wii share a component input on my display).

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just ordered the Wii cables for the Wii my kids are getting for Christmas. Buying based on comments here. I also have had good luck with Monoprice. $6.50 shipped, if they're no good I'll just toss them.

·
UHD Addict
38,975 Posts
I've been using three sets of the monoprice Wii component cables for years on three tvs with no issues.

***sent from my HTC Incredible***

1 - 9 of 9 Posts