AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will also find this topic and dozens of angry gamer comments at xboxlive.com in the forums....

I downloaded the new Crackdown DLC yesterday, and when I started Crackdown an update was available for the game from Xbox live. Afterwards when it started back up I played co op with my brother to check out the new content, we had already played co op thru the whole game so this was nothing new. After we finished playing for around 15 minutes we decided to start from a new access point, but when I reloaded my game I could only select "The Keep" as a starting point. I was back to ZERO IN ALL MY STATS, MY CHARACTER HAD BEEN COMPLETELY ERASED! It even gave me the opening cinematic of a new character when I started up! My brothers character was still okay, after researching at xbox live I found out what the glitch was, the official response from Xbox was more or less this:

It seems the DLC is not responsible, the update after you start the game when you get the DLC is. If you play a game solo, then save and quit (which my brother had before we started playing co op yesterday), you will be fine and lose no data. HOWEVER, IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE DLC AND THE UPDATE AND YOU PLAY A CO OP GAME BEFORE PLAYING SOLO AND SAVING, YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED.

OPPS!!!! I guess quality control means nothing to Microsoft! I must've had 40 hours invested in my game, I thought updates for games and DLC was supposed to ENHANCE your game experience, not destroy it. I paid 10 bucks for that DLC to see it destroy my game. Heck, I could've erased it for free!

I'm over the inital anger, I'm just gonna use Crackdown for Halo Beta then sell it, luckily I already had beaten the game and gotten around 680 achievement points from it but it still sucks, up until then I had alot of fun with that game.

Oh well, thanks QC!

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Well thats too bad

· Registered
533 Posts
That sucks. I feel your pain. I would be a little upset if I lost my game, too. A lot of people were on top of it the day it happened here on the forum. Hopefully we got to a lot of players but we couldn't get them all! It's a great game. If you look on the bright side you get to start again with some really great weapons and vehicles.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post10528849

· Registered
506 Posts
That does suck. It updated just fine for me. Love the DLC too. See you in the beta.

· Registered
539 Posts
Crackdown was slowly falling off the top10, they did this on purpose!!! it's all a conspiracy i tell you! they want u to play more crackdown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.