AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugg this was a bummer, ordered 3 of the BLU-RAY living landscape discs from amazon. None of them will play in my Panasonic version 2.0, they read as BLU-RAY discs but then show unsupported and will not play.

The kicker is these are BLU-RAY recordable discs. they are not officially pressed discs, looks like this company is buring their material on blank blu-ray recordable discs and sending them out. If you turn the disc around you can easily see these are recordable BLU-RAY discs, and they seem to only take up about half of a single layer blank disc.

I'm going to contact the company to see what is going on, if they don't help me these will be returned to amazon.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
More than that, you can tell the covers and disc art are printed on a laser printer.

And of course, they are really bad quality.

I contacted amazon and finally discovered the only course of action is to return it saying it is "damaged". Then select "refund" as an option.

I told them it was really surprising that someone's home burned BDs, which aren't even legal to sell on ebay, can be bought on amazon. They said it would be "passed on", which probably translates to "please shut up and go away".

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 /forum/post/0

I've got three of these titles coming from Amazon. I'll try them out on my PS3 and report back here.

Trust me, don't bother opening them, and in fact refuse delivery if you can. These are poorly shot home videos on a crappy consumer model camera. There's not even any narration or anything, just really grating new-age piano music. I'll bet it's probably just the same track on every disc too. It's only 338kbps mono anyway.

You'll notice that the Blu-ray Disc logo is nowhere to be found on the disc or it's packaging. Even the plastic case is sans-logo. They are essentially pirate discs sold as official BD discs by amazon.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've contacted the company and will wait a few days and see what they say. Fett did you get them to play at all? I'm ok with crappy packaging if the actual visual material is ok.

Just last week I bought "Natures' Color with the worlds greatest music" and it was not bad at all, it was from a different company of course but I like the HD nature discs and try to get as many as possible.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee /forum/post/0

I've contacted the company and will wait a few days and see what they say. Fett did you get them to play at all? I'm ok with crappy packaging if the actual visual material is ok.

Just last week I bought "Natures' Color with the worlds greatest music" and it was not bad at all, it was from a different company of course but I like the HD nature discs and try to get as many as possible.

Living Landscapes Hawaii played on my PS3, but at exactly 16 minutes the image snaps to gray for about 1 second. It's in the master, not a glitch. Unbelievably unacceptable.

As for the PQ, it's very soft. There is no small object detail at all. In fact it almost looks like upscaled SD in parts.

The whole thing is completely ridiculous. Some dud thought he could make some bucks by flying to Hawaii (or wherever), take some crappy footage of the beach and some trees, then get amazon to peddle his wares for a pretty ridiculous price.

Uuuuuuh, no thanks.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

More than that, you can tell the covers and disc art are printed on a laser printer.

And of course, they are really bad quality.

I contacted amazon and finally discovered the only course of action is to return it saying it is "damaged". Then select "refund" as an option.

I told them it was really surprising that someone's home burned BDs, which aren't even legal to sell on ebay, can be bought on amazon. They said it would be "passed on", which probably translates to "please shut up and go away".

You can't sell other people's content you've burned to a disk, but there's nothing illegal about selling disks with your own content burned to it.

Still this company sounds like one to stay faaaaar away from.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

Trust me, don't bother opening them, and in fact refuse delivery if you can. These are poorly shot home videos on a crappy consumer model camera. There's not even any narration or anything, just really grating new-age piano music. I'll bet it's probably just the same track on every disc too. It's only 338kbps mono anyway.

You'll notice that the Blu-ray Disc logo is nowhere to be found on the disc or it's packaging. Even the plastic case is sans-logo. They are essentially pirate discs sold as official BD discs by amazon.

Thank you. I just called Amazon to advise them that I'll be returning the shipment to them, and they've sent out a prepaid mailing label to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.