AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These models do not include a S-Video input on the rear panel. They only offer a standard RCA VIDEO (composite)jack. The upper end model is in stock at Best Buy. It's a DVD Recorder/VCR combo unit. The whole back panel offers Digital and optical output. 5.1 analog outputs. A/V outputs(composite and L/R audio), component output, and S-Video output. 1 AV Input on rear (composite and L/R audio).

The box only had a picture of the rear panel so I would guess that the front panel also lacks a S-Video input.

The standard DVD recorder model without the VCR, includes a back panel picture on best buys website and it's the same as above excluding 5.1 audio output.

Since I didn't see the unit, the information was pictured on the box for the combo unit and Best Buy's website for the DVD only recorder.

I don't know why they would offer a DVD recorder without a S-Video input. The standard model is selling more than the Pioneer DVR-310 and Panasonic DMR-E50.

IMO, definitely not a good value by far.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I would wait for LG Electronics to release a DVD Recorder (couldn't find one on their website) as they own Zenith (bought them in 1995).

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You could get an HD recorder with HDD from LG later this year ... and they throw in the 62" DLP RPTV for free. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.