AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had many inquiries asking where I purchased my Panny 75U with 0% financing. I gave several people the contact at projectorshopper.com. If you have not purchased from them already, I would recommend that you not use them now that I have some experience.

I ordered my panny last week (Tuesday), and they were very prompt to return my call, take my credit info and place the order. Since then it has been a different story. After 3 days of no tracking number I started calling because I wanted it for the weekend if possible (they had promised it would ship the next day). To make a long story short, they never call back and you are lucky if they return an email in 24 hours. When I finally got a hold of them I got no information other than "it is being drop shipped from Panasonic, and they have no other info. Finally got a tracking number Friday night. Checked it online, and guess what.....not on file with UPS. I went all weekend and until today and it has still not been shipped. That is 8 days, and I have to call and leave message after message only to get a call back a day or two later if I'm lucky. Their site says a staff of people are waiting for your call...yeh right, it is two guys in a rented space in Arizona with a nice web page, literally.

Everything stated above is complete fact and is not "enhanced" in any way because I am angry with them. I have copies of the endless emails I sent them.

Just a warning, an an apology for recommending them to anyone else. Maybe someone else had a good experince from my recomendation, and it is just my bad luck (I hope so anyway).

Rob

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Rob,

Sorry to hear about your experience. When you finally break down and make the leap, you don't expect them to pull the safety net out from under you. Kindof a let down :(

In any case, if it doesn't work out for you, give me a PM. The place where I bought mine is still accepting orders at the $2200 price. It's not the no payment till 2003, but it's still a great deal, IMHO.

Edited:: Oops...I was just checking my old PM's and I saw that I had already passed on the info to you, Rob. The info is still good if it doesn't work it with projectorshopper

Good Luck

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I could be wrong here, but for future companies as large as Panasonic do not drop ship to the end user. They almost always ship to a retailer first.

If anyone tells you that then they got special permission or are pulling your chain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Robertmee,

I did talk to the place where you got yours, and they were very nice to deal with. However, they did not have any in stock and are waiting for some to come in. I am already more than a week past when I wanted it, so I got it from another dealer for the $2289. They had it in stock, and it will be here tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.

Rob

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Ables
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Robertmee,

I did talk to the place where you got yours, and they were very nice to deal with. However, they did not have any in stock and are waiting for some to come in.
Yes, I talked with them yesterday. They've had five orders from AVS members with roughly 5 more pending. You'd think they'd throw a free screen my way ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry to hear you got shafted. I think I ordered from the same place as robertmee- and they were great. They were low on stock and weren't sure if they were going to be able to ship same day, but they actually did. The only problem was I couldn't get a tracking number. However, I actually got the projector before I got the tracking number (2 days after ordering). I highly recommend them if it's not too late.

-Zak

·
Registered
289 Posts
You're right about the Arizona location. Their phone number puts them in the North Phoenix or Scottsdale area. If you find an address, let us know - I'll drive by and I'll let you know what the "business" looks like.

There is another online dealer that has their roots locally, but they're a very reputable firm and I bought my LT155 from that place. I don't want to advertise, in respect of the AVS policy, but if any Phoenix area people need to demo projectors you can email me and I'll send you their name.

Edit: I found their address on the website, and I'll take a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in a Panasonic LC75U, but can not seem to find any under 2589 on the web. I see some prices here around 2200-2300, who can tell me where to go?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Peter,

You have a PM

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter,

Go with the people Robertme recommends. I got mine elsewhere because they were out of stock. If you want one sooner than they can provide, let me know and I will PM you the name of the dealer I finally got one from. Very professional and I had it by 2:00 the next afternoon (paid for overnight of course), but at least they shipped it right away.

Good luck all.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.