AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news to a lot of regulars, but I thought that I would post this in case some people aren't aware of this potential problem.

I have been working a lot lately and have been recording multiple episodes of some favorite shows until I have a chance to catch up. I ended up filling up my 30 hour ShowStopper and needed to delete some shows to make room for some new ones. In doing so, I noticed that 2 episodes of Enterprise were taking up 4 hours of space at medium record level. What the heck?

Well, the answer is pretty simple. Prior to the premeire, I set the Replay up to do guaranteed recordings of Enterprise every week. Since the first show was listed as a 2 hour program, the Replay used that for it's drive space calculations and reserves 2 hours for EVERY Enterprise episode (even though it only records it for one hour). I have also noticed the same problem with Alias. The premeire was 1:10 long and my Replay is reserving 3:30 hours for 3 episodes. As far as I know, the only way to correct this is to watch all of the episodes and start over.

Regards,

Shortman

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
FYI... the NYPD Blue premiere on Tuesday is 2 hours long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shortman
... Prior to the premeire, I set the Replay up to do guaranteed recordings of Enterprise every week. Since the first show was listed as a 2 hour program, the Replay used that for it's drive space calculations and reserves 2 hours for EVERY Enterprise episode (even though it only records it for one hour). I have also noticed the same problem with Alias. The premeire was 1:10 long and my Replay is reserving 3:30 hours for 3 episodes. As far as I know, the only way to correct this is to watch all of the episodes and start over.
FYI, you can also select "Preserve this episode" for each episode you haven't watched yet and then delete and recreate the Replay channel to start over.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.