AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks to you guys who helped me decide on a plasma. This board has had loads of great info. Bought the Panasonic 50" 6UY plasma a couple of months ago and am now wondering if I should buy a warranty.

Saw some good prices and warrantech on the internet. Are these guys reliable?

Also kudos to VA and Roger who works there. No hassle buying experience and delivered as promised.

carlchansen

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went with Warrantech after the offer included with my Toshiba 42" plasma led to a new third party vendor who wanted almost $2k for an additional two years of coverage. My supplier says Warrantech is tops - a no quibble company. I got 4 extra years of parts and labor coverage for under about 3 hundred dollars. I thought that was very fair.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
I must post this every week here.You have to get a warranty believe me. I recently bought my second flat panel TV [Sharp LC-32G4U] and my second Philips Priority Service warranty. My first flat panel was a Philips plasma. It died three years into the service plan.The day after I broght it into the authorized service center I received a call from Philips priority.They said they were very sorry that the panel had died and they were sending me out a brand new one ASAP. The next he called and said Philips does not make that panel any more so they would send me the newest model.They were sending me a brand new HD plasma because my ED plasma died. The next day he called again and said that instead of sending me a new plasma they were sending me check for $4,400 and I could pick out the plasma I wanted and I did.You could not beat that deal if you tried.They were just great.I got another Philips warranty on my new Sharp LCD.It just gives me peace of mind.I would do it. J.H. PS sorry about the no paragraphs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.