Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Now that so many people will be selling their extra projectors, how does the warrenty work out for the 2nd buyer.

For eg. A buys the original piece and sells it to B. Something goes wrong but the piece is still within the warrenty period , how does B gets it fixed. It is A who has the original invoice etc. on his / her name.

The reason I ask this is that I had to jump through hoops to get my TV fixed last year even I though I was the original buyer and it was still under warrenty and I had all the paperwork under my name.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This has been discussed a fair bit. I think it's agreed that if the 2nd buyer goes to Dell, Dell is not required to honor the warranty (it's clearly stated that the warranty only applies to the original owner), although it's possible they would honor it for the goodwill.

I also believe (and I'm not a lawyer, so my opinion is pretty irrelevant) that if you work with the original buyer, Dell will (has to) honor the warranty.

If it's important to you, you should talk to Dell about it. Or, as someone else points out, if it's that important, just buy new yourself.

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.