Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not technically HDTV, but it's Fox's definition of HDTV :mad:

HDTVGalaxy listed The Tick as being presented in 480p. It sure didn't look like it. The Family Guy's picture looked terrific, albeit not 16:9 either. But the PQ on The Tick looked blurry and it definitely wasn't in 16:9.

Is it just my local affiliate? (WTXF Philadelphia) I've sent emails to both Fox and WTXF but have yet to hear back from them. They probably have to send them on to someone who actually knows what I'm talking about.

Has ANYONE seen any 16:9 material on any Fox program so far this season, or have they given up on widescreen for now and just gone with 14:9 for everything? (the Fox logo was outside of the 14:9 frame, so I'm assuming they CAN transmit in 16:9)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'll bet your local Fox never answers. Mine didn't.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Randy, it wasn't in widescreen 480p here in Washington, DC (WTTG Channel 5/36.2) either. Of course, WTTG-DT totally f**ked up last Sunday's season premieres of The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle... and they never responded to repeated e-mails and phone calls complaining about it.

FOX may have some of the best programming on broadcast television, but their delivery system sucks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
FOX may have some of the best programming on broadcast television
Well now, I wouldn't say that... ;)

But any network that would commit to The Tick can't be all bad :D

Spoon!!! (have yet to hear his battle cry on the new series)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Boecker

Well now, I wouldn't say that... ;)

But any network that would commit to The Tick can't be all bad :D

Spoon!!! (have yet to hear his battle cry on the new series)
Sadly, we won't. "Spoon!" and some of the characters like "American Maid", "Die Feldermaus", "Sewer Urchin" still belong to the company that produced the animated series.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would explain where these new characters came from. I was looking forward to seeing American Maid. I have yet to see what each of these new character's specialty is. I mean, throwing shoes at your opponents, come on, you can't beat that!!

I thought Ben Englund owned the rights to all of the characters. Oh well. It's still entertaining, and The Tick's monologues are still the funniest thing around. ("Maybe death is just nature's way of saying, Try Again.")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.