AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around and I didn't see anything.

Sony recently kept my 777ES I had in for repair and sent me a 5000ES. The problem is that all my components are black and I don't want a silver reciver no matter what.

I know the digital ES receivers are available in black in europe, but I haven't seen anything about a US K model.

Anyone know anything to help me?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
tell sony that you want a black one call their customer service line

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been dealing with the internal Sony replacement folks directly. The problem is they don't know of a black model... Even if one does exist, they may be the last ones to find out. (this isn't uncommon for the outside world to know first)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
unless your receiver was damaged beyond repair, they should be able to fix it and send it back to you......personally I cannot stand silver colored crap....reminds me of cheap electronics..........

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I need to move to Europe. =(

And, I don't think the receiver was a "beyond repair" case, it just had a bad hiss coming from the center (only center) channel. It seems like there was a problem with the new ES lines with center channel hiss to that was just recently fixed. The 5000ES is still unopened and waiting to go back to sony, but I'm trying to figure out what to do first. The people inside Sony aren't always the first to know about what's coming down the pipe. I had hoped there was a announcement at CES, but I guess not. =(

I think silver looks like crap too, it reminds me too much of the late 70's - early 80's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.