AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I changed yesterday my old LE40M87BDX with a new UE46F6500. 

I have been using my old TV as a PC monitor for 6 years and I was perfectly happy with it.

With the new one, when connected to the PC (using PC name in Source) the colors are AWFUL! They appear washed out and the games look dull. When using Game mode the input lag is pretty high and the desktop looks grainy, but the colors are perfect.

With my old TV I didn't have any of these problems. And the bad thing is, only things I can change is brightness, gamma, contrast and sharpness.

Is there something I am missing?

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
OS Windows or ? Also what kind of computer/discreet video card or CPU video or MB video ? HD video support yes/no also what cable using to connect to TV .

best results are usually DVI-D to HDMI on TV or HDMI to HDMI ,VGA on many TV's will look washed out .I never use VGA to TV .

You can try color space settings games are output in rgb, movies are YCbCr TV/HDMI or DVID-D to HDMI usually works best at YCbCr or just put it on auto and the PC EDID should take care of it if not and using HDMI at TV set it to YCbCr .

Also set TV screen fit (pixel mapping ) or similar on TV to 1:1 pixel map or perfect pixel or pixel to pixel whatever it has even 1% over scan can cut your resolution in half .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The F6500 does not have a VGA output. Only HDMI.

I am using a 7970 with an HDMI to HDMI cable. Also tried HDMI to DVI cable.

My old 40" was also used with HDMI and it looked fine.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
Shouldent have any problem with a 7970 that'a a good card. Do you have amd catalyst control installed if so open that it gives you color space ,RGB ,Gamma and scaling options in addition to desktop /screen management maybe switch HDMI inputs around or even reverse HDMI cable ? In windows settings do you Have "let application manage video settings " enabled ?

I have a new 2 wks . Sony 40R450A and it will only recognize PC on one of the HDMI inputs . also check Samsung support and see if any Firmware updates are avail . I updated the firmware in my new set couple of days ago

it took care of some issues for me,.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts