AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to watch (2) TV signals at once on a pc? Since there are dual tuner cards out, it might be possible but I don't know.

Most of the dual-tuner cards only say they can record in the background. But can they show both channels at once?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The HD Homerun has two tuners. You could open two instances of VLC connected to two different tuners..

For the dual tuner cards, I suppose you could also view two channels at once. As long as the program allows you to specific the exact tuner you want to use. I've done this with a PCI HDTV tuner and Analog tuner at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that sounds reasonable and sounds like it *should* work. But I am concerned about how the TV is displayed on the PC. If it uses Directx, you could only have one instance (or one channel) showing at a time.

I haven't tried tuning via VLC so perhaps that is different. But directx was really the driver of my question. Right now, I have a ATI TV Wonder and it plays havoc with my video -- ie: can't minimize the TV and play a game (so I can listen to TV in background) because Directx is used by both games and the TV Wonder.

So if I read you right, you have physically seen (2) channels playing on your PC - on the desktop? If so, that tells me it's possible....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts