AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from some yahoo that was from dish telling me that the merger is finalizing in August and that they will be only using dish hardware. They would come out now and switch out my hardware for free, and I would begin dish programming as well. I'm sorry i said, but i don't believe that it is going to happen so soon, and that no confirmation on which hardware they are using. I thought they were going to use Directvs hardware.

He said he looked at the echostar site for the info and is going along with this merger idea to make sales.

He almost got my dad to switch and lose HDnet over this. Ticks me off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bachelor,

I got the same call. I told them to give me a name of someone at Echostar that would confirm that the merger has been approved. He couldn't. When I mentioned to him that E* had already promised to make equipment changes free, he said I should do it now to avoid the rush. What a crook! Dish reps are acting like unprofessional thugs over the merger here in Utah. They canvas the neighborhoods trying to get D* subs to move over. I hope the merger doesn't happen for two reasons - I don't want to lose my Ultimatetv, and I hope these dealers fall flat on their faces and go out of business.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
What makes either of you certain that these jerks really work for Dish Network? They could just as easily be independent dealer/installers trying to hook the unwary on a programming commitment for the "free" equipment.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by utvlvr
Bachelor,

I got the same call. I told them to give me a name of someone at Echostar that would confirm that the merger has been approved. He couldn't. When I mentioned to him that E* had already promised to make equipment changes free, he said I should do it now to avoid the rush. What a crook! Dish reps are acting like unprofessional thugs over the merger here in Utah. They canvas the neighborhoods trying to get D* subs to move over. I hope the merger doesn't happen for two reasons - I don't want to lose my Ultimatetv, and I hope these dealers fall flat on their faces and go out of business.
I just hope the merger doesn't happen because I DONT want Dish. I am totally happy with DirecTV. I am interested in getting TiVo for DirecTV and if Echostar takes over things I can probably kiss that option goodbye.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Agree. Several things to ponder:

1> completion of the merger is by no means a certainty

2> even if it happens, it still makes more financial sense to swap Echostar owners over to DirecTV receivers

3> in the end, at this point, who the hell really knows?

(These pearls of wisdom brought to you by a guy who was completely certain that Rupert would get the nod . . .)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.