AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Pioneer VSX-918V receiver and have everything hooked up the way I like it. Cable box is connected to receiver then HDMI cable goes to TV. Is it possible with this receiver to watch TV and then listen to music that comes through on a different input at the same time? If so how do I do it? I like to watch sporting events but not always listen to the TV broadcast, maybe listen to the radio or my iPod instead.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
"Hey, when you have the stereo and TV on, how do you change the volume on the stereo?"

Ricky Bobby: "If you have the stereo on..." Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?

Cal Naughton : 'Cause I like to party.

(Talledega nights)

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The way this works on Yamaha receivers is to switch to an audio only source while switched to the video source. The video will stay on the previous input and you will get audio from the new input selection.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Perhaps you could post your question to the proper Pioneer thread? Maybe they can help

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
on the 92TXH I do this to listen to a CD and watch TV at the same time.

To to view video while listening to a CD I have my CD connected to the "VIDEO1" input. I can go into the setup menu and just re-assign the HDMI input my DVR/cable box is on to VIDEO1 when listening to a CD. Then when I'm finished I just assign the HDMI input back to my DVR input.

I just renamed video1 to CD. The REAL CD input is limited to audio only. Maybe you can do something similar with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.