Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fantastic!

It looked so great. For this first time since I've had it (up to 200 hours now) I was able to lose myself in the movie and not think about PQ or tweaks.

It was great.

Also was nice that the movie was in 16:9, so it really worked well.

Great weekend with the AE100 and just love this thing more and more!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's nice to get the machine to the point where you don't notice the PQ any more and just watch the movie with minimal PQ intrusions.

I've gotten it to that point with the AA transcoder+RP56, the Hoya FLD and slight defocus. I've still got to work on masking and total light control for better summer viewing.

Now and then screendoor intrudes on bright, light screen shots. But 99.5% of the time, I just watch the movie.

It is exciting to pop in a movie and afteward realize that not once did you notice any anomalies.

- JP

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
It is exciting to pop in a movie and afteward realize that not once did you notice any anomalies.

So true.

I've actually found a de-focus "cheat" that works really well for me.

On my DVD player when I pause the movie a light blue dialog box appears in the top right corner with the text of the action inside. "Pause", for example.

I get the perfect amount of de-focus when I just barely remove the screen door from the blue box, but still keep the text pretty sharp.

I discovered this the other day and set it before we watched the movie.

There really were only 2 times that I was distracted by it, but those were very small and quick.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a similar experience watching A.I. over the weekend with my brother-in-law. Sometimes I get tweak and demo happy and jump from scene to scene to do comparisions. It is great to just enjoy the show.

BTW - the low bass in A.I. is incredible. My HSU VTF-2 sub was pumping out some low bass that you could feel in your chest.

Steve Owens

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOwens
I had a similar experience watching A.I. over the weekend with my brother-in-law. Sometimes I get tweak and demo happy and jump from scene to scene to do comparisions. It is great to just enjoy the show.

BTW - the low bass in A.I. is incredible. My HSU VTF-2 sub was pumping out some low bass that you could feel in your chest.

Steve Owens
That reminds me--- I ordered AI a long time ago from Columbia house. I hate those guys because they take so long to get it to your door that you forget what you ordered. My neighbors below are going to hate me when that disk comes in! :D heheh!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOwens
Excellent. Thanks for the tip.

That will be the next one on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.