AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My source was the ESPNHD Football game tonight. Now let me caveat this - I am referring to a DVDR -not Tivo or a cable set top DVR box that will not let you record. The playback on my Pio 531 at XP+ record using my Sony Wega XBR800 display is absolutely outstanding. That includes every burned disc that I have ever burned or played on the Panny XP-30/50. Now that is comparing apples and oranges because we know you get reduced video quality when you burn to disc the XP+ record. And the new Pio XP+ is ONLY off the HDD for viewing. And... my Pio output is S-vid ! I have not even tried component. Bottom line, If you do a lot of record and watch later but no burn(but still want great record), these new Pioneers are one incredible machine.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I believe HoustonGuy is saying this is really nice for people who want to view at a later date from the Pio's HDD. He acknowledged that it would be superflous for creating a DVDR.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I've had the 531 for a week and not yet burned a disc. I time shift exclusively and don't care to archive material on a regular basis.

I agree that the 531 produces an outstanding picture. All my recording has been done at the sp rate, so I haven't even tried the XP+ yet (but I will now to see if there is any further improvement.

Connection is rf - plain analog cable - and output is component to a Sony GWIII lcd set.

Using the rf connection and plain cable, my EPG loaded fine the 1st night, and continues to populate daily.

This machine is a winner for Pioneer, at a great price point for consumers. With a 90 day return policy at Walmart, it's hard to see how anybody could lose trying one of these units out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.