AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wondering if someone could explain to me ho to do this. I have some 3d .mkv movies available, which if i were to play them on my computer with VLC, look like a 3d movie without glasses, ie red and green shadows.

I tried to play those files on my TV (LG 47 LW5700) using software like PLx media, Twonky, Nero mediahome. If I am able to get them to play, I only get the same. Meaning It looks like a 3d movie without the glasses..and when I put the glasses (passive) on, it still looks the same.

Am I missing something? How can I play, decode properly all those 3d movies to play on my lg tv properly in 3d?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudab /forum/post/20768848

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could explain to me ho to do this. I have some 3d .mkv movies available, which if i were to play them on my computer with VLC, look like a 3d movie without glasses, ie red and green shadows.

I tried to play those files on my TV (LG 47 LW5700) using software like PLx media, Twonky, Nero mediahome. If I am able to get them to play, I only get the same. Meaning It looks like a 3d movie without the glasses..and when I put the glasses (passive) on, it still looks the same.

Am I missing something? How can I play, decode properly all those 3d movies to play on my lg tv properly in 3d?

Thanks

I do not believe that 3d TVs play red/green movies. I have a Samsung 3d tv and all the mkv movies I watch are in SBS format. What that means is that if you play the mkv movies on a non-3d monitor/tv it looks like 2 movies side by side, when I switch the tv into 3d mode it combines the images into a single one and it's 3d.

Try one of these movies on youtube, select side by side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDQ3r...o%203d%20movie

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I'm not sure what 3d movies you are getting. To use passive glasses the movie should not have the red and green look. THose are for the old school 3d glasses.

Normally in an mkv it will be called half SBS. Or side by side, you will see the movie split down the middle with the exact same frame on each side. Your tv should then join them and the glasses will make it look right.

Good luck.

*Edit, oops got beat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/20769225

I'm not sure what 3d movies you are getting. To use passive glasses the movie should not have the red and green look. THose are for the old school 3d glasses.

Normally in an mkv it will be called half SBS. Or side by side, you will see the movie split down the middle with the exact same frame on each side. Your tv should then join them and the glasses will make it look right.

Good luck.

*Edit, oops got beat.

Ok..I think the Side by Side is what I am missing...I will try to find an SBS movie and stream it through...and will check that youtube video now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem of this kind. Where I Connection LG TV using hdmi cable . But display the pictures do not match 100%. And be a little skewed. and result in a very deep 3d. an that make the eyes tired. if anyone have any solution for me .

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3dwani  /t/1351371/watching-3d-movies-from-pc-to-lg-3d-tv#post_22215232

I have a problem of this kind. Where I Connection LG TV using hdmi cable . But display the pictures do not match 100%. And be a little skewed. and result in a very deep 3d. an that make the eyes tired. if anyone have any solution for me .

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3dwani  /t/1351371/watching-3d-movies-from-pc-to-lg-3d-tv#post_22215232

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to get movies to play from my pc to LG tv. The movies are very deep to where you almost feel cross eyed.

When you hit the 3d button and select SBS mode, there are no options for depth. Testing out what it would do on burnt dvd, I burned a 5-10 minute clip. Those display correctly. Somewhere between the video file and the tv the computer jacks it up. I have not been able to find anything to help. I have tried several bits of software to play with the same results every time. I have even tried playing at different resolutions. No change.

Any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.