AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Samsung 32" Dynaflat HDTV yesterday and was wondering if I actually need a Converter box to actually watch a CBS HDTV Football Broadcast? The picture is still normal looking and not Letterboxed at all. I asked the salesperson when I bought the TV and they said I wouldn't need to get one since the Broadcast was already in HDTV but for some reason it won't display in HDTV. Any ideas?

------------------

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - - Albert Einstein

TiVo 2.0.1

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You must have bought it at Best Buy if the salesman told you you didn't need a box. You are the victim of typical BB salesmanship : Tell them whatever it takes to make the sale.

------------------

"The Living Room Theatre"
  • Sony 36XBR400
  • Sony STR-DE945
  • Pioneer Elite DV-C36
  • Definitive Tech. (4)PC80's,

PC100 center, ProSub 10

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sac,

If you do an internet search on Samsung Dynaflat HDTV on both the Sears and Great Indoors sites you will see this phrase: "Achieve 1080i performance when connected to an HDTV receiver/decoder." Hope you got a great price because you have some additional expenses before you can view an HDTV broadcast letterboxed on your 4x3 monitor.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You can hopefully get some use out of BB if they happen to have a open box RCA DTC-100 HD satellite receiver. You should be able to get it for around $399 (as I did a few days ago) and it can be used for OTA HD alone if you want!

Also you can go back to that saleman and tell him (from all of us here at AVSForum.com) that he is an IDIOT and needs some serious training in the Home Theater area!

Also, beleive me... when your displaying HD on your HDTV YOU WILL know it is HD!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

[This message has been edited by FrankS (edited 09-23-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.