Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am using WinTVCap and trying to recording using the Hauppauge PVR250 and would like to be able to view an already recording file(say with Zoomplayer). There has been discussion of the this on the SHSPVR forum but for some reason I cannot get registered there so I will post my question here. The discussion centers around using an Async reader called WInTVCapReader but I cannot find where to download it. I have tried to use other Async file readers but have had no luck.

Does anyone know where to find this filter? Also, I am very green on this subject. Can anyone shead any light on the process of how watching a in progress recording is accomplished? Maybe I could build my own graph is I understood a little better. Thanks for you help.

Lain

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The easy way that this is accomplished is by using SageTV.... but perhaps you already know that and you have requirements not met by that app. Just in case...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. There are really two problems that I have with Sage. One is that they do not support WM9 re-encoding. This effectively increases the size of your HD by about 7 times (in my case). I have already developed batch files to re-encode all my recording at night so this is simple for me.

The primary reason though is that I tried Sage for about a week. The freature set is unmatched. However, I found that, for me, SageTV was a buggy mess. I must have reloaded the app twice a day for a week until I gave up. I really do think it is a great app and will try it again with a future rev. It just did not work for me at this time.

Lain

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok, I'm not pushing it.... just wasn't sure if you were aware of it. I find it very stable in its 1.4.10 incarnation with the latest Hauppauge drivers. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.