Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you see that?!? Argh!

So, do you think that was a real plasma they dropped off the wall?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ouch! My wife and I both winced big time when the plasma fell. I'm sure it was only a stunt double, but it was still a hard sight for a plasma owner to watch. It was weird to observe how emotionally involved I have become with my video display device. "No, no, oh no, not the plasma!"

I don't think the current Ellie shows are as good or creative as the ones from the beginning of the series. I'm sorry they dropped the "real time" format. I thought that helped build the comedic tension. It seems more flat now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was wincing from the moment I saw the plasma being moved up the stairs in a 2 wheeled cart! I think it was in fact a real plasma that fell of the wall- the way the glass shattered was too realistic- it would have cost them more to develop a mock prototype that shattered as well- now the sparks after the fact looked fake...

I like the show better without the timer at the bottom!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
What plasma do you think it was?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Come on guys. It was a mock-up plasma with breakaway glass and other FX stuff. The glass shattered into a zillion pieces and the "electronics" sparked and smoked in a most satisfying manner. Just like in the movies. Real stuff never breaks so dramatically.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I winced when I heard Watching Ellie was back on the air.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the beginning of the show the plasma was on what appears to be a Panny stand that comes in the consumer version. Then for the rest of the

show it wasn't seen again. The kicker is that I was watching the show with my sister and someone on the show stated the 42" unknown plasma costs $10 grand! My sister looked at me very suspiciously and asked "I thought you said it was $3,500?". Knowing my "gotta be the first"

attitude I think she tends to believe the show and is spreading the word to the rest of the family. Fine....let them think what they want. I think that episode will make more people desire a plasma......just not wall mounted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.