AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To begin with, apologies if this is posted in the wrong area, I didn't really know which forum area would be best.

Problem I am trying to solve is how to view HBO now via my projector without purchasing any extra hardware.

In the media room, I have :

Projector - JVC X-500
Yamaha Aventage 2040
Oppo - BDP-103D

In another room I have an iMac running current OS.
We also have a current iphone, some older iphones, a samsung note 3, a linux laptop
Wireless network (which is spotty in the media room)
Cable internet to each room running back to a central node zero.

What is the least painful way to watch HBO now on the projector without buying new hardware?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
To begin with, apologies if this is posted in the wrong area, I didn't really know which forum area would be best.

Problem I am trying to solve is how to view HBO now via my projector without purchasing any extra hardware.

Projector - JVC X-500
Yamaha Aventage 2040
Oppo - BDP-103D

We also have a current iphone, some older iphones, a samsung note 3, a linux laptop

What is the least painful way to watch HBO now on the projector without buying new hardware?
You're going to need some sort of hardware to deliver the stream to the projector. The simplest thing to do is to just buy Apple TV and be done with it.

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
2,807 Posts

Projector - JVC X-500
Yamaha Aventage 2040
Oppo - BDP-103D

Move the imac into the media room and display port out to your receiver. Hbo now will work fine in safari on your imac.

Otherwise buy a ATV3 , for hbo now or a firetv / roku and subscribe to slingtv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.