AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty basic question, but I can't find any discussion...
I just started trying iTunes video. Running iTunes on Win7-64 laptop. Some titles I can buy, download and watch on the laptop in iTunes in HD, which is my goal. Many other titles when I try to buy, iTunes says "This cannot be played in HD on this computer". Is there something I need to do (to iTunes or my laptop), or is it that great big swaths of iTunes content really can't be viewed (in HD) on any laptop?

·
23,032 Posts
Pretty basic question, but I can't find any discussion...
I just started trying iTunes video. Running iTunes on Win7-64 laptop. Some titles I can buy, download and watch on the laptop in iTunes in HD, which is my goal. Many other titles when I try to buy, iTunes says "This cannot be played in HD on this computer". Is there something I need to do (to iTunes or my laptop), or is it that great big swaths of iTunes content really can't be viewed (in HD) on any laptop?
Googling iTunes says "This cannot be played in HD on this computer" brings up many hits. Seems most likely a HDCP (copy protection) issue or requirement. Some people have connected their laptop to a HDCP capable monitor to start the download. Other option is to go back and download in SD....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outstanding! All I needed to do was connect my laptop to a monitor with HDMI and then iTunes promptly downloaded the HD M4V file to my laptop. My monitor is not even HDCP-compatible. So this dialog box appears to be just another speed-bump.:) Thx PooperScooper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts