AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to all who post for providing a great education to a newbie!

We're almost set on what to buy and had decided to wait on the whole Tivo/DVR thang until the dust settles on MPEG 4 and what D* will do, see where the military sends us next year, etc.

Then I came up with one possible reason why we *need* to be able to pause what we're watching: one of the main reasons we're moving to HD is to improve our football viewing (and hockey). One of the most annoying things about being an Eagles fan in D.C. is having to listen to whatever announcers Fox etc. have on. So we're planning on listening to the Eagles radio announcers on our Sirius radio!

But it would be pretty annoying if the picture from D* and the sound from Sirius are not roughly in sync. If the tv is ahead of the radio, Tivo would be really handy.

I'm curious if anyone has experience in this and can help us figure it now, instead of buying equipment and then seeing what happens.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
There is a box called a DelayPlayRadio that will delay the audio up to 16 seconds and it was made just for people who watch sports on satellite TV but want the radio audio and has the sync problem. It also works nice with HDTV as well since that delay can be 6 or 8 seconds behind the radio. I own one (that is all) and love it. It is about $140 and can be seen at www.delayplayradio.com .

I am not sure how much delay you have between Sirius and HD, but as long as Sirius is AHEAD of the TV and it isn't more than 16 seconds (if it is, you could piggy back 2 or more DelayPlayRadio's together to get the audio delayed enough if you REALLY wanted to spend the money) then that box should work also. If Sirius is behind the TV, DelayPlayRadio, will not help you. You will need a TV version and those are THOUSANDS of dollars.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I routinely use DirecTV's TiVo DVR to synch up the video/audio between national Cubs telecasts and MLB's Internet radio service. Works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.