AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watch the Olympics on my new 32" lcd tv. it does look very good. But there is motion blur on it. When in watch the Olympics on my 6 year 48" CRT rptv theirs no motion blur at all. Why is there motion blur on a new LCD TV but non on a old crt rptv? there both 60hz so they should have the same amount of blur?

I do like my lcd tv

thanks

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
welcome to the world of LCD

buy a plasma for your next TV and be prepared to hate watching TV on an LCD forever.

i always knew motion was better on plasma but now that i own one it really shows how much better it is to have a plasma as a TV IMHO

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plasmas use alot of power. I going to replace my crt rptv soon. with a led lcd hdtv
It will save my alot of power. since my crt rptv uses 280 watts. my new 32" lcd in my bedroom uses 75 watts.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Is it really motion blur or is it macro-blocking and artifacts (due to compression) that you are seeing? Having just traded in an LCD for a Plasma, I have seen nothing on the Olympics, yet, that would have created any real, noticeable motion blur on my previous LCD. I do see macro-blocking and artifacts a lot, though, and I'm watching an OTA broadcast, not Dish or cable.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 /forum/post/18136840

I have been watch the Olympics on my new 32" lcd tv. it does look very good. But there is motion blur on it. When in watch the Olympics on my 6 year 48" CRT rptv theirs no motion blur at all. Why is there motion blur on a new LCD TV but non on a old crt rptv? there both 60hz so they should have the same amount of blur?

I do like my lcd tv

thanks

I don't know what kind of LCD you have, but I've been watching quite a few of the Olympic events on my two Samsung 650s, and neither of them have exhibited any kind of motion blur or any other motion problems at all.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/18147159

I don't know what kind of LCD you have, but I've been watching quite a few of the Olympic events on my two Samsung 650s, and neither of them have exhibited any kind of motion blur or any other motion problems at all.

Ditto on my 55" Vizio.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 /forum/post/18146313

plasmas use alot of power. I going to replace my crt rptv soon. with a led lcd hdtv
It will save my alot of power. since my crt rptv uses 280 watts. my new 32" lcd in my bedroom uses 75 watts.

So after you spend $500 more for an LCD, you'll save $10 a year on electricity.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/18147477

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2

plasmas use alot of power. I going to replace my crt rptv soon. with a led lcd hdtv It will save my alot of power. since my crt rptv uses 280 watts. my new 32" lcd in my bedroom uses 75 watts.

So after your spend $500 more for an LCD, you'll save $10 a year on electricity.

Wait, so they're paying people to take plasmas now?

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 /forum/post/18136840

I do like my lcd tv

thanks

Please share with us the make and Model of your 32" LCD. Not all LCD's are created equal, and some have better panels than others.

And both technologies have their pros and cons. I don't think the energy usage is a significant difference, really amounting to just $1 or $2 per month.

If you are seeing the motion blur, if you can, upgrade to a 120hz set. I'm not sensitive to blur, and never noticed it on my 40" 60 hz LCD. The only time I saw blur was at the Sonystyle store where they have a demo loop playing on 3 sets side by side, a 60hz, 120 hz and a 240 hz screen. I saw a difference between the 60 and 120, and a barely noticable improvement with 240 over 120.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.