AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Daddy's in the short rows for his semi-annual trip with the 5YO daughter and wife to Disney World. We go often so it's no big deal except I'd like to take a waterproof camera for pool use and in the rain at the parks.

I already have a large compliment of dSLRs, P&S, an HF20, MinoHD, Zi6&8 and Lord knows what all that I drag with me every time (I drive). I just want something waterproof and besides, I'm a gadget freak (obviously) and I think the time is right to just go ahead and buy something.

We also do a LOT of waterskiing in the spring and summer so I think zoom is important too. That's what worries me most about the Playsport. I REALLY like the Sanyo VPC-WH1 and they can be had for fairly cheap on eBay. Problem is, I've likely waited almost too late to pull the trigger (we leave in 10 days) so I HAVE to buy something today or tomorrow if I'm to have any hopes of buying anything to take on this trip.

Thoughts? Opinions? Blow it off this time and wait? I need some good advice but unfortunately, I need it QUICK.

Are there others in the price range I should look at? I'm not willing to spend over 300-400 and would prefer to keep it in the $200 range (which both the Playsport and the VPC-WH1 can be bought for on eBay).

Need some help guys. Any experiences?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would go for the Sanyo based off of sample videos I've seen on vimeo.

eBay might still be possible if you choose an upgraded shipping option, otherwise you could choose an online retailer like Amazon at $100 more with next day shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts