AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As u might have seen im am trying to configure my HTPC that I just built. Just now for some reason I am experiencing these waves that go diagnolly on the screen. Its not easy to see them when in meedio, but when I actually go to play a movie, especially on the black bars, you can see the waves going diagnolly, its sort of like waves you would see with an antenna like reception static or something? Any1 have any clue what could be the cause of this? Could it be FFDShow?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
That's a common symtom of a ground noise in a digital system. Any external connections like antenna/cable, telephone, or ethernet are likely causes. Disconnect these one at a time until the noise dissappears then get an isolation transformer for that input to solve the problem.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm its only 12 feet. My stan-alone didnt seem to have an issue with this at all. Should I try a monster cable or something?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've found that it's necessary to make sure the S-Video cable at the HTPC end is securely into the connector. When the herringbones appear, usually reseating the connector fixes it. No idea why this connection is so touchy, but it may have to do with the incredible amount of stray RF that's floating around inside the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.