AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would some videos be wavey/ripple when there is movment? But i can view the same video in a differant player and it plays fine?

Im trying to get it to play in WM11 since most of my family already has it so i can share family videos. The video is MPEG-2 HD 1440x1080 25Mbps now the strange thing is some of the videos from the exact same camcorder do not get the ripple effect with movement. How can that be?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney /forum/post/16998115

Sounds to me like an interlacing problem. Some players don't deinterlace properly and you get waves or lines during movement.

Is there anything i can do to make it go away? I would like it to play in WM11 and keep the video HD, i have tired a re-encode but that didnt help. I think the software i encoded it with originally is the problem at the time i was using Ulead video studio and it would not read .mts files at the time so you had to convert it to mpeg-2 program stream i belive and i left that step out of this video because thay came out with a update so it would take .mts files so i ended up with a ripple effect with movment the other videos i did look fine its all because i left that one step out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Perhaps your conversion to mpeg2 also reduced video resolution. If you reduce resolution by half video will be deinterlaced as a side effect.

Search the manual for deinterlace and probably there is a setting somewhere to turn it on during export.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethmn /forum/post/17004972

Perhaps your conversion to mpeg2 also reduced video resolution. If you reduce resolution by half video will be deinterlaced as a side effect.

Search the manual for deinterlace and probably there is a setting somewhere to turn it on during export.

unfortunately i know longer have that camcorder it was a sony hdr-hc1 1080i.

If i convert the video to 1080p the ripple effect pretty much leaves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.