AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching 'Driven' last night I noticed wavy horizontal lines moving vertically in some of the white or light colored scenes, I have never seen this on another movie but I have only viewed 10 or so movies on my new projector.

What could this be?

------------------
James' DIY Speakers

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Enrich TC2000 LCD XGA , a regular DVD player and a DIY screen....the el-cheapo route.

I do plan on getting an HTPC shortly though.

I am guessing that either the 'Driven' disc is flawed or the problem just started happening while viewing this disc or this disc was more of a challenge for my system.

------------------
James' DIY Speakers

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not familiar with that projector. In a generic answer kind of way, I would investigate either the DVD player or the cable(s). The wavy lines sure sound like interference, but I believe you would see that all the time...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sword, well your generic answer worked, turns out the video cable had a poor conection at the DVD player, no more wavy lines. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif It would not even have occured to me to check something so simple. I was getting ready to call AVS and use my 1 year warranty.

Funny how a video cable can play such as huge roll with an FPTV I never felt this was true with a direct view set , I switched different cables around to see if the quality varied and it did furthermore I could bend and twist one of the cables and make the picture do all sorts of wierd stuff..that cable is going in the trash , I will be investing in some good quality cables. Thanks for your help Sword!

But I find it pretty darn pathetic that nobody else here would chime in, I come here for expert advise to find out that the experts are wrapped up in other more 'interesting' topics. I would be willing to bet that several people here could have helped me out but they chose not to because I am a newbie and the question did not pertain to the unit that they own.. for example an LT150.

------------------
James' DIY Speakers

[This message has been edited by James W. Johnson (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I'm no expert but you got great responses from Sword and the problem was solved within 24 hours. I had nothing to add so I said nothing. A lot of us read it and as long as we have nothing to add we don't waste bandwidth or storage space. We, like you, probably was not thinking of simple thing like cabling problem. We assumed you used good cable with your expensive projector. Anyways, your problem is solved so go enjoy your projector and stop complaining.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I also would have helped, but my opinions were already represented. I love to help out, but I am really a newbie myself. On the question: While I do not buy into the ultra-expensive cable brands, I do believe that quality cables are a must. Interference that was not before seen on a small screen suddenly becomes amplified on a huge screen. I am about to try out some cheap, but good quality VGA cables and switcher for mt LT150. I think it's got a 70% chance of working fine. If not, then I will educate others here on the forum with my experience.

Anything you need, just ask. But DO make the topic sound interesting, or even beg for help which always works. and if there are no or not enough responses within a day, add a post to "bump" the thread up to the top of the list. And most of all, have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.