AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that just about every broadband ISP and many free sites allow you to make a "customizable" home page. While this is kinda nice, we can only customize the page with information they give us. What I really want is a page that I can customize with my own info - mainly links/favorites. I'm not looking to create my own web page, which I might just do if there are no alternatives just looking for something I can access easily from any computer with internet access. Does anyone know of a site that offers this?

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I'll jump this off topic thread..

I want a free web page so I can show pictures on ebay.

anyone know a good one?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, Netscape stored bookmarks in an HTML file...so I used to have that as my home page.

Actually, I still do...but now I use notepad to keep it up to date....

The Dreamer

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDreamer
Well, Netscape stored bookmarks in an HTML file...so I used to have that as my home page.

Actually, I still do...but now I use notepad to keep it up to date....

The Dreamer
Oh man... even with all the warnings to not edit that file?!?!?

You are one risky guy! =)

Years ago I wanted to create a cgi script that for bookmarks. directories would be folders and links would have a specific image for each link. You could navigate your favories like browings in explorer or in Finder. All sorts of cool little expand a folder options and such.

I've been too lazy to do something like this, but if someone else did it, I'm sure I'd use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.