AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some personal DVD-Rs that I've made on a DMR-E20. I can read them into my PC just fine, and play them as unencrypted VOB files.

What I'd like to do is edit the existing VOB files to remove some unwanted material, and burn new discs from the edited versions on a Pioneer DVR-104. I think in theory I should be able to do this as long as I edit on key frames, which is fine for my purpose.

Obviously, I want to preseve the existing Dolby Digital 2.0 audio, and not have to demux/remux it.

Yes, I know the DMR-E20 can record DVD-RAM, and that it has different editing ability, but that's not what I'm looking for right now.

Any suggestions or resources would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ok, I am not sure I understood your question correctly, but I take it you need a program to cut out portions of vob files you have created. I have only edited vobs on a harddrive with this solution (I do not do authoring, since I do not have a DVD-R unit...). Anyway, there is a program called "Mediaware M2-edit Pro 3.0" that opens up vob-files, allows you to edit/cut etc, and save, WITHOUT recompressing (or demux/remux). The price-tag is rather hefty, at 695 USD, though...Except the mentioned capabilities, I could not see a whole lot of interesting stuff..

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Go to www.doom9.net and take a look around at the guides and software. You will find a great many freeware programs and demo versions of commercial software available (this is not a pirate site) to do just about anything in the video world. The guides section will give you lots on info on how to use the various tools. This is the place to go for any video related software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.