AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long, long, ago... I upgraded my Sony UTV and put a 100GB Western Digital hard drive in it. It's served me well for about a year now. However, I'd like to get access to the files stored on the drive. Since this is an upgrade drive, I don't face the password issue, but I'm guessing the file system is not FAT/FAT32/NTFS, but something else. Also, I'm wondering if the files are just DirecTV streams, are they encrypted, and thus there's no point in even getting access to the files. By getting the files, I mean hooking up the upgrade HD to my PC and using some utilty to be able to see/access the files. Has anyone done this? Sorry if it's been covered. I read through a ton of threads and did't find anything specific about this issue.

Todd

·
Registered
146 Posts
The drive is still encryoted.... At this point files can be extracted but nothing useful can be done with them. www.public.asu.edu/~rwultsch/utv.html

Last I was interested there was a very alpha demuxer floating around that did not worked not well at all. Unuseable in fact. The extra info in the utv stream is still there causing the pq to be horrible.

What I am wondering about is wheter anyone has tried connecting to the utv over a parrel port.... Who know there might be a vulnerability there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.