AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started researching the VOOM network as a way to get more HD Programming. We are all familiar with the varying problems. OTA/Cable/Dish all provide different HD channels in different areas depeneding on the Provider/Technological Problems/FCC regulations. In my opinion the general problem is that there simply isn't enough HD programming being recorded at the moment. That is of course why VOOM's special HD only channels are in constant loops.

So this is my suggestion to help increase HD content. Go buy yourself the Sony HDWF900. As we all know if you want something done and done right and done on time. DO IT YOURSELF !!!

For only $102,360 US it's a steal. And now you can show your family little Timmy playing soccer in 1080p. Who wouldn't want to see that !!!!!

The one thing I want to see in 1080p would of course be snow (It's snowing somethign awful outside right now). I considered renting a HD camera. There are a couple places in California that rent for around $1300 US a day. Not too bad since most offer just about every accessory and even show you how to use the equipment and provide production and transfer services as well. Well building anything you got to start at the foundation and work your way up. When the tools become available Cable/Satellite/TV Providers will start to offer the HD Programming that is available.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
C'mon Cyclone...the OP was so silly the rest of us were ignoring it... ;)

Brian

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
america's funniest home videos in HD..[once the consumer HD camcorders become as inexpensive as the ntsc ones are it might just happen...but not likely]

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
IMHO, its not entirely silly. In fact, I think that as soon as HD-DVD players hit the market, HD wedding videos will become highly desirable. I'm not sure how much a wedding videographer would be willing to spend on a camera, probably not $100k, but maybe $30-40k?

Considering Moore's Law seems to apply to digital camera's, I think consumer HD cameras will only be a couple of years behind HD-DVD players.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevin j
america's funniest home videos in HD..[once the consumer HD camcorders become as inexpensive as the ntsc ones are it might just happen...but not likely]
Yea then we can see an old man's pants falling down in HD or a kid picking his nose and see every detail in HD:D

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Then submit yer amatuer videos to Direct for them to use during those "special" midnight to 6 am PPV slots! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.