AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks pretty good.

Based on a best-selling novel Pines by Blake Crouch and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan
("The Sixth Sense"), WAYWARD PINES is an intense, mind-bending 10-episode thriller starring Academy Award nominee
Matt Dillon ("Crash") as a Secret Service agent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in the bucolic town of
Wayward Pines, ID. Every step closer to the truth makes him question if he will ever get out of Wayward Pines alive.
The all-star cast also includes Academy and Emmy Award winner Melissa Leo ("The Fighter"), Academy Award nominee
Terrence Howard ("Crash," "Hustle & Flow"), Carla Gugino ("Entourage"), Shannyn Sossamon ("How to Make It in America"),
Toby Jones (the "Harry Potter" franchise) and Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Juliette Lewis ("Cape Fear").
SERIES PREMIERE THU MAY 14 at 9/8c

http://www.fox.com/wayward-pines/

Reactions: Young C

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
The behind-the-camera names didn't fill me with confidence (From the director of After Earth and the writer of The Playboy Club!) and the Fox synopsis sounds dull and a rip-off of Twin Peaks.

But the book blurb sounds much more interesting and Twilight-Zoney. If the show is like that it could be intriguing. Even if it does sound like Persons Unknown again.

Secret service agent Ethan Burke arrives in Wayward Pines, Idaho, with a clear mission: locate and recover two federal agents who went missing in the bucolic town one month earlier. But within minutes of his arrival, Ethan is involved in a violent accident. He comes to in a hospital, with no ID, no cell phone, and no briefcase. The medical staff seems friendly enough, but something feels…off. As the days pass, Ethan’s investigation into the disappearance of his colleagues turns up more questions than answers. Why can’t he get any phone calls through to his wife and son in the outside world? Why doesn’t anyone believe he is who he says he is? And what is the purpose of the electrified fences surrounding the town? Are they meant to keep the residents in? Or something else out? Each step closer to the truth takes Ethan further from the world he thought he knew, from the man he thought he was, until he must face a horrifying fact—he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I've read the first two books, not bad. Certainly not Twin Peaks at all, but it does have some creepy mystery. If it's one and done they're either just going to end on a cliffhanger or a radically different ending.

·
Registered
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first episode of Wayward Pines is available now thru April 30th.

On digital platforms, the first episode, which is directed by Shyamalan, will be
available beginning at 12 p.m. PT Friday. It can be seen at Fox.com, Fox Now,
Hulu.com and on Facebook. It also can be seen on Amazon Instant Video, Google
Play, Play Station Store, VUDU and Xbox Video.

·
Registered
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Watched the premiere episode. I liked it. Just when I thought it was going to zig, it zagged. Great cast too. And Carla Gugino is always so perky to see me. Watching Daredevil on Netflix spoiled me. I want to keep on watching. Not have to wait. That's so 2014.

Reactions: ltownsend

·
UHD Addict
38,946 Posts
Since it's a limited run 10 episode show I plan to watch it. I guess I should check out teh first episode sometime if it's for free on vudu.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Just watched the first episode on directv on demand. I liked it, pretty weird with good potential. Reminds me of Persons Unknown, which I wish they'd continued.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still

1 - 20 of 798 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.